Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

2010 GT Comfort Package Mirror?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 10:57 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by grettann
Thanks for the post. I totaly missed this, and in fact I had even asked the dealer about homelink. I too ordered the comfort package and Navigation, and no where on the web or in their ordering guides does it say anything about not getting the upgraded mirror if you have the electronics package. I plan to discuss this with my dealer tomorrow.
I'm definitely interested in this as well. I assumed and saw no reason to think otherwise that the compass would just be part of the NAV package. But hey.. another $500 would be nice. Roush exhaust axlebacks are $585...
Old 07-17-2009, 09:45 AM
Hoofprint
2nd Gear Member

I dont have the mirror either, however I remember reading somewhere if you have the SYNC system you do not receive that mirror as the microphone for SYNC are the two small squares on the current Mirror and the other mirror did not have the mics in them...maybe I am crazy but I am pretty sure I read that somewhere
Old 07-17-2009, 04:32 PM
Adam
4th Gear Member

I have the comfort package and noticed this as well. The mirror is still chromatic, they simply moved the compass from the rear view mirror to the shaker screen. Not that big of a deal IMO, I didn't like the direction on the rear view mirror anyways. I find it odd they never updated the ford website to reflect this.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:33 PM
Hoofprint
2nd Gear Member

The other thing I noticed is that the mirror has the homelink system for garage door openners...this would be nice.

On a side note, I picked up my car today from the service department and stopped and spoke with my Sales guy and the Sales manager regarding the mirror issue...they confirmed it should be the other mirror. They went out to a car on the lot and it didnt have it either. They are going to reach out to Ford on Monday and see what the story is and then give me a call...I'll post the response that I hear
Old 07-17-2009, 10:42 PM
FordEngineer
2nd Gear Member

I think it might actually be an error on the website, as the heated seat buttons shown are from some other vehicle as well (that's not the Mustang bezel or layout). The compass readout should either be in the message center (bottom of the tach) or on the radio display. Be careful--if you swap out the mirror, you may lose SYNC (the microphone is the 2 little squares on the bottom of the mirror) The standard mirror also does electrochromatic dimming to the best of my knowledge. My vehicle has the comfort package as well, and the compass is not in the mirror, nor are the HomeLink buttons on the bottom of it (I believe the mirror pictured is the one listed on fordaccessoriesstore.com as an aftermarket add-on for non-SYNC vehicles). Why they show it on the website is a mystery to me. I have yet to see a single MY2010 Mustang with that mirror. That's the marketing department for ya...

EDIT: Sorry guys, I didn't see some of the posts above this one... A little redundancy, but also (hopefully) some confirmation.

Last edited by FordEngineer; 07-17-2009 at 10:50 PM.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:48 PM
10GTSTANG
3rd Gear Member

I think y'all are right, the mirror that we have has mics, the mirror shown in the comfort package has no mic. I looked at the website for the mirror manufacturer. Also, if you if you look atthe back of the mirror installed, it reads compass/mic, which is what the Ford paperwork calls for, but I see no compass on the mirror, go figure. Read the stamped print on the backside of your mirror on the passenger side. Exactly what they pulled up in the service dept. No compass. The garqage door openers would be cool in the mirror shown.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:15 PM
mdhochman

Did not get comfort package. Have Sync and Shaker 500. Temperature and Direction show in the lower left and right corners of the radio display. I believe I have a dimming mirror.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:44 PM
douglasland
2nd Gear Member

So are you saying none of you have Homelink on your Mustangs? Where is the Homelink button on the 2010 if you don't have that mirror?
Old 11-09-2009, 02:57 PM
TrickyRic
1st Gear Member

Unfortunately there is no Homelink in the 2010.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:46 PM
VRFlip
2nd Gear Member

I'm pretty sure the compass is in the head unit of the stereo now. Ford needs to update their build site (again).

Why would you want two compass displays? I believe that is the only difference between my mirror and the one you are talking about.

Quick Reply: 2010 GT Comfort Package Mirror?