Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

2010 GT Comfort Package Mirror?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 02:23 PM
10GTSTANG
3rd Gear Member

Default 2010 GT Comfort Package Mirror?

Any one with the comfort package get the correct rearview mirror? The comfort package is supposed to have: heated seats, 6 way power passenger seat and a monochromatic mirror with a compass. I have the seat options but not the mirror. The mirror I have is the same as the mirror on all the stangs. If you look at the comfort package options here you can see it: http://bp2.forddirect.fordvehicles.c...age=/Interior/ . I went to the dealer today and all the stangs had the same mirror. The sales manager said to bring it to service and they would get the right mirror. I did not have the car with me. I'm betting when I go to service, I'll get a song and dance with the lyrics of you got what you get. $595 bucks, I'd like to have that mirror.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:45 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Do you by chance have the NAV package? I ask because I inquired into the same question when I was test driving a few Mustangs at the local dealer. He said that becusse the NAV headunit displays the temp it's not in the mirror.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:13 PM
10GTSTANG
3rd Gear Member

No Nav, just Shaker 500.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:33 PM
ColoGreyStang10
1st Gear Member

I have the same thing, no nav, yes comfort package no mirror.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:12 PM
GT_n00b
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ColoGreyStang10
I have the same thing, no nav, yes comfort package no mirror.
Out of curiosity, do you have the rear view camera installed? Just seeing if there is any sort of correlation since you can order the rear view camera with or without the navigation package. I too ordered the Comfort package w/o the Navigation package (but with the rear view camera) so I "expect" to have the mirror that displays the compass. But from the sounds of it, I may be disappointed.

Last edited by GT_n00b; 07-13-2009 at 08:17 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:35 PM
10GTSTANG
3rd Gear Member

I'm going to service tomorrow if it's not raining in the afternoon when I get home from work.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:01 PM
ColoGreyStang10
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 10GTSTANG
I'm going to service tomorrow if it's not raining in the afternoon when I get home from work.
The compass is now in the dash...no 2010 mustangs got the mirror at my dealer. When my dealer inquired with ford, all that go was it was a "change". I don't think anyone got the mirror.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:40 PM
10GTSTANG
3rd Gear Member

I went to the service department with my winder sticker and a screen grab printer of the Ford build your interior web page showing the mirror as part of the package. The lady service writer punched my vin into the computer and made a print out showing that my car should have the mirror with compass ( i believe all the radios offered has a compass). They took pictures of the mirror that I have and termed my car as mis-built. She said they would research it and get the correct mirror. My guess is that when the car was built, the correct mirrors were not available yet or they were out of them. Not wanting to slow the line down, they put what they had on it. Has anyone seen one of the compass mirrors?
Old 07-15-2009, 07:28 PM
ColoGreyStang10
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 10GTSTANG
I went to the service department with my winder sticker and a screen grab printer of the Ford build your interior web page showing the mirror as part of the package. The lady service writer punched my vin into the computer and made a print out showing that my car should have the mirror with compass ( i believe all the radios offered has a compass). They took pictures of the mirror that I have and termed my car as mis-built. She said they would research it and get the correct mirror. My guess is that when the car was built, the correct mirrors were not available yet or they were out of them. Not wanting to slow the line down, they put what they had on it. Has anyone seen one of the compass mirrors?
Similar to what happen to me, my dealer wrote me a check for $500 to make me happy. Which I could have used to order the mirror and install the mirror. I know I read some place later that it was an official change (can't recall where). I think the web site is off, the stripes I wanted were totally different then what that paged showed too. I am curious if they do order the mirror if the wiring is even there since the compass is now in the dash. Keep me up to date.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:56 PM
grettann

Thanks for the post. I totaly missed this, and in fact I had even asked the dealer about homelink. I too ordered the comfort package and Navigation, and no where on the web or in their ordering guides does it say anything about not getting the upgraded mirror if you have the electronics package. I plan to discuss this with my dealer tomorrow.

Quick Reply: 2010 GT Comfort Package Mirror?