MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   GT S197 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/gt-s197-general-discussion-49/)
-   -   Another exhaust dilemma (https://mustangforums.com/forum/gt-s197-general-discussion/550663-another-exhaust-dilemma.html)

jbrosh 07-15-2009 08:12 PM

Another exhaust dilemma

I've had Stingers on my car for about 800 miles or so. They sound great, but just not loud enough for me. I've listened to many clips of the Pypes muffler deletes and that's the sound I'm looking for. I'd really like to hear them in person. Anyone with Pypes muffler deletes live in the Harford/Baltimore County areas of Maryland? Thanks.

overcome1236 07-15-2009 08:50 PM

O/R H PIPE . MAC AXLE

mrtstang 07-15-2009 09:16 PM

I can't tell you about Pypes, but i can say that SSS Terminator race mufflers (you can buy the axle back kit) are loud as hell, but with a nice deep tone!

I beleive you can get the axle back kit for under $300.

onederful100 07-15-2009 10:01 PM

change your midpipe to off road, it will keep the tone similar just louder.

smokestang 07-16-2009 01:14 AM

Jbrosh...if you really like the sound of the muffler deletes,and want something that will be louder but not over the top, you really cant go wrong with the deletes. id say just get them!

stealth_GT 07-16-2009 01:30 AM

I have the pypes muffler deletes.. I call them "poor mans boom tubes" lol.

I have JBA shorties mated to dual cut outs, so the Pypes muffler deletes sound like pig farts in comparison lol..

smokestang 07-16-2009 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by stealth_GT (Post 6351065)
I have the pypes muffler deletes.. I call them "poor mans boom tubes" lol.

I have JBA shorties mated to dual cut outs, so the Pypes muffler deletes sound like pig farts in comparison lol..

How did the JBAs affect the sound of the muffler deletes? are they much louder? ive always wondered what they would sound like!

stealth_GT 07-16-2009 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by smokestang (Post 6351110)
How did the JBAs affect the sound of the muffler deletes? are they much louder? ive always wondered what they would sound like!

I wouldn't know, I have never closed up the cut outs since I had the headers installed.. the GT growls to life when I turn her one (pun?), and at a high cruising speed it sounds like I have something bigger under the hood lol.

I'll close up the cut outs eventually, but not anytime soon. I'd imagine the muffler deletes would only be louder at WOT but smoother at cruising and idle because of the design of the headers. I'll try to post up vids later today if I get a chance..

smokestang 07-16-2009 03:23 PM

Thats what i was thinking..that they would smooth out the note some at lower rpms,but ive yet to hear them.vids would be great!

jbrosh 07-16-2009 06:42 PM

Thanks guys. Can't do the o/r mid 'cause of MD emissions testing. Think I'll just try the Pypes. Wonder if I'll need a new tune?