Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Breathers......

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 07:49 PM
blackS197
4th Gear Member

Yea catch can is the way to go but its a recession By the way you guys upgrade your tensioner pulley? I see little cracks in my stock one. I think its giving out....
Old 07-29-2009, 10:58 PM
blk05stang
2nd Gear Member

I've been running breathers on both sides with no blow by for a coupe months now using 5w20 mobil one. I just clean the filters every few weeks and its all good.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:01 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by blackS197
Yea catch can is the way to go but its a recession By the way you guys upgrade your tensioner pulley? I see little cracks in my stock one. I think its giving out....
i have the thumprrr tensioner and 8 rib conversion kit from BGG performance. i had some pulley squeal and belt slip. now it's running like a champ!
Old 07-29-2009, 11:33 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

I have the idler pulley that squeaks until warm and then it is fine. I do have a little belt slip but it seems to be fine for what I am using the car for now. I will get the Steeda Whipple belt drive regardless as I want to up the boost and have absolutely no belt slip and I love the idea that the compressor pulley and the crank pulley are its own dedicated system and a belt for the accessories just like on the termi's!!!!! Expensive yes but I and the car are worth the mod and I use the car for show and anything to look a bit different then the competition is worth while in my book! Beside the 10 rib belt and the polished billet aluminum will look great with the polished S/C!!!!
Old 07-30-2009, 10:32 PM
blackS197
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mygt500
I have the idler pulley that squeaks until warm and then it is fine. I do have a little belt slip but it seems to be fine for what I am using the car for now. I will get the Steeda Whipple belt drive regardless as I want to up the boost and have absolutely no belt slip and I love the idea that the compressor pulley and the crank pulley are its own dedicated system and a belt for the accessories just like on the termi's!!!!! Expensive yes but I and the car are worth the mod and I use the car for show and anything to look a bit different then the competition is worth while in my book! Beside the 10 rib belt and the polished billet aluminum will look great with the polished S/C!!!!

oh yea that would look scwheet!
Old 07-31-2009, 12:18 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

you might want to double check on the steeda 10 rib belt drive. i have a friend that has that and there was a few problems with it: the belt they sent was the wrong size, the tensioner on the belt drive itself didnt have proper tension and was slipping, he had to send things back a couple times and had to wait about a month for everything to get to him, now its working good. hopefully they have the kinks worked out, bc it is a new piece. but i havent heard of any problems with the 8 rib conversion kit and people running big boost thru it.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:04 AM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

Who makes the 10 rib conversion for the saleen blower?