Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Traction Control ON or OFF

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 05:57 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Off. Traction control will kill your times at any track. You need to learn how to launch the car without the traction nanny keeping you planted, it's much more rewarding.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:55 PM
janine
3rd Gear Member

If your supercharged, it should stay off when you put it into boost. Otherwise you will lean out and go into detonation.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:33 PM
pqtiii

Do you mean that when you hit boost it gets leaned out or it leans out when tires start to spin and TC is on?

I don't build too much boost during burn out and sometimes shifting into second, hopefully it wasn't leaning out too bad...
Old 08-10-2009, 10:09 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

TCS pulls fuel and timing to prevent wheel slip. Pulling fuel while under boost can lead to BOOM. Leave the TCS off.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:02 PM
pqtiii

I understand to keep it of under boost, but does it pull fuel and timing when it's on or when you start spinning the tires?
Old 08-11-2009, 12:06 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

only when it feels you starting to lose traction.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:45 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Originally Posted by pqtiii
Do you mean that when you hit boost it gets leaned out or it leans out when tires start to spin and TC is on?

I don't build too much boost during burn out and sometimes shifting into second, hopefully it wasn't leaning out too bad...
You would know if you were going too lean and anyone that has FI should turn off the TC every single time you get in the car......
Originally Posted by nineinchnail1024
TCS pulls fuel and timing to prevent wheel slip. Pulling fuel while under boost can lead to BOOM. Leave the TCS off.
Exactly......you cant always predict when you might spin the tires so leave it off all the time.....
Old 08-13-2009, 12:50 PM
bynumj
1st Gear Member

I am currently designing a system specifically for boosted cars that will automatically turn the traction control (TC) off as soon as you start the car. It will also allow the user to turn the system back on and it will automatically turn the TC off when there is boost and throttle present above certain levels. I still need to do a little research so that I can set the boost and throttle points.

Any idea on what boost and throttle level that would be dangerous for the motor with the TC on?

Also, if you think this is a good idea, say so.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:52 AM
gloryboy
2nd Gear Member

It's a great idea....but there is already a mod out there for this. Basically a relay and a few wires. Turns the tcs off when you start the car, but it can be turned back on with the tcs button (unlike turning it off in the tune)....
Old 08-20-2009, 11:36 AM
Starfire
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by gloryboy
It's a great idea....but there is already a mod out there for this. Basically a relay and a few wires. Turns the tcs off when you start the car, but it can be turned back on with the tcs button (unlike turning it off in the tune)....
Yeah but the automatic idea sounds cool, especially if you are a DD.

Quick Reply: Traction Control ON or OFF