Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Got DYnoed today.... @ Dez Racing

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 02:24 AM
Burton9104
1st Gear Member

Default Got DYnoed today.... @ Dez Racing

With the Performance Tune by Diablo and MagnaFlow exhaust hit 277whp and 295 pounds of torque... HOWEVER.... still getting the terrible hesitation/misfire up top. Dez took the tune out and ran the car a second time... No misfire... however a loss of about 10whp/ 11 lbs. torque. I have the edition of the computer called the CDC2 ( i have heard one of the first to come out) I have heard about problems with modifications tuning wise with these. I am going to try adjusting the stock hp tune myself on the dyno instead of using a custom tune file. I have had little luck so far with the internet download programs, only misfires and check engine lights. If anyone would like to help me analyze my situation hit me back with an email adress. I noticed tonite when i logged the load on my car on the highway it wouldnt rise to much about 79-80 percent... any ideas besides trade it in...............?
Old 07-07-2005, 02:30 AM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Got DYnoed today.... @ Dez Racing

At what rpm do you see the misfire?
Old 07-07-2005, 02:42 AM
Burton9104
1st Gear Member

The misfiring occured about 100mph and right around 5000rpm's. When i put the stock tune back in.. car runs fine... no misfire..
Old 07-07-2005, 02:57 AM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

Does it crap out at 5000rpm in all gears, or just at 100 mph? If its only at 100mph, is there any possible chance that the tune somehow inadvertantly reset the speed limiter to 100mph? The Predator does have the capability to reset the speed limiter. You might try reinstalling the tune, but when the "Modify Parameters?" selection appears, go in and see where it is set.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:24 AM
Burton9104
1st Gear Member

I have tried adjusting the rev and speed limiters to allllll over the place. I am thinkin it is just seeming as a speed related issue due to the load amount put on the motor, same load... like speeds at various RPM's in ever gear. I get a check engine code sometimes tho if i push it really hard... PO300.....Random Cylinder Misfires. The thing i do not understand is how with the new stock ford flash i had the dealer put in... the problem of misfiring goes away. I am really almost fed'up. ....
Old 07-07-2005, 10:56 PM
757GT
I ♥ Acer

Is your car auto or manual?
Old 07-07-2005, 10:57 PM
Fat Nick
I ♥ Acer

Ashwin, your car does that too, that is what I was talking about on your sheet last night, where the blanked hiccup is

It's a misfire. Might want to regap the plugs.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:59 AM
Burton9104
1st Gear Member

You cannot regap our plugs... If u take them out you will be looking at a 9/16's spark plug thats like 8 inches long... jk... the ground strap on the plug makes a U- shape in front of the plug... I have heard of more and more people with the same hiccup issue. What is the code on the computer itself... ( check under the hood ususally a white sticker on the back of the computer.) Mine is a CDC2. I have heard that the older computers are a b*tch to get tuned right. I have heard of about 3-4 others around the country.. same issues... The car is a manual .
Old 07-08-2005, 02:03 AM
DAVE05GT
2nd Gear Member

Burton, where is the computer located in the engine compartment? I'm not near my car right now to look at it. I'm thinking mabey where the fuse box is?
Old 07-08-2005, 02:07 AM
Herknav
3rd Gear Member

I think your right... was looking under the hood figuring out how to remove the stock air intake and there is a big silver rectangular box next to the fuse box with several electrical connections... looks like a computer to me... but I wonder... how much does the engine heat affect computer performance? I KNOW that heat is the enemy of computer processors...

Quick Reply: Got DYnoed today.... @ Dez Racing