Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Boost-A-Pump vs. GT500 fuel pump??

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 05:59 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Originally Posted by hammeron
if money is not an issue, then i think most
would agree, the gt500 dual pump kit is a
good move.

it will provide for your current fuel needs and
also have the capacity to support future
power demands.
took the words out of my mouth!
Originally Posted by retfr8flyr
+1
It all boils down to your future plans. If you are happy with 475hp then just get the BAP and save some money as it will more then cover your needs. If you may want to upgrade to more power sometime in the future then go ahead and get the GT500 setup. It's a little overkill for now but will allow you to upgrade into the 600-650 range in the future without any additional fuel expenses. The BAP would be wasted money in case of an upgrade as that BAP will not with the GT500 setup.

Earl
again I agree
Originally Posted by HaneyMotorsport.Com
If it is the factory Saleen 475hp blower kit, the stock pump is fine. The 475 kit runs basically a 3.8 pulley. We will still utilize the stock pump with a 3.6 pulley.

Casey
My tuner does the same....stock pump is fine to 550 RWHP so far and many runs at the track...he recommends the BAP or the duals over 500 RWHP to all custumers (window of safety I assume/liability reasons) but his shop car is running the stock pump....I am sure the duty cycle is maxed though
Originally Posted by Jersey Stang
Famous last words...
so true...... I thought I would be fine with 465 RWHP now I want 600+ RWHP
Old 08-19-2009, 11:03 AM
geocomp
2nd Gear Member

Default Thanks!

Thanks to everyone who has chimed in on this topic. I guess for now I will stick with the stock pump. No need to spend any more money just yet.

I will keep my eyes on the Classifieds to see if a GT500 pump comes available and purchase that for when the need for more HP bites. I have done well so far by the MF Classifieds since that is how I got the S/C and CAI already and saved a boat load of money, which makes my CFO (wife) happy.

BTW anybody have any Saleen Pulleys for sale so I can get more Boost..... Just Kidding I am not even done with the install yet.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:24 AM
HaneyMotorsport.Com
Banned

Originally Posted by mygt500
took the words out of my mouth!

again I agree

My tuner does the same....stock pump is fine to 550 RWHP so far and many runs at the track...he recommends the BAP or the duals over 500 RWHP to all custumers (window of safety I assume/liability reasons) but his shop car is running the stock pump....I am sure the duty cycle is maxed though

so true...... I thought I would be fine with 465 RWHP now I want 600+ RWHP

All I can say on that is ......... All ***** and no brains
Old 08-21-2009, 01:53 AM
loots06
5th Gear Member

One final thought, I installed the Whipple HO kit without the GT500 pumps. To be on the safe side I'm running the KB BAP...Car runs fine and I have experienced no issues. If I were you I'd at the very least run the KB BAP.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:00 AM
geocomp
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by loots06
One final thought, I installed the Whipple HO kit without the GT500 pumps. To be on the safe side I'm running the KB BAP...Car runs fine and I have experienced no issues. If I were you I'd at the very least run the KB BAP.
I know and I must admit I am a little nervous not having any fuel upgrades in place.

Once I get the to the point of turning the Stang back on for the first time after the S/C install (Hopefully tonight or tomorrow) I am going to hook up the laptop to the SCT and watch what is going on with the Fuel Line pressure and other parameters.

What is good fuel line pressure and at what point should I worry I have low pressure?
Old 08-21-2009, 01:10 PM
Vapour Trails
3rd Gear Member

Just get the GT500 pumps.

Think of the cost vs. the consquences. $700 now, or $5000 later.

One final thought, I installed the Whipple HO kit without the GT500 pumps.
Why?
Old 09-09-2009, 07:27 PM
SVTERMINAT0R
1st Gear Member

hello every 1 i have a 2005 mustang gt saleen supercharged i already running on 39 lbs injectors i wanna upgrade it 2.8 pulley boost a pump and jdm tune how much hp i can get out of this set up and boost a bump can hold more then 500 hp ? please reply thanks every 1
Old 09-09-2009, 09:25 PM
Ken04
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jersey Stang
Famous last words...
no kiddin. "I swear honey, I won't touch em, I just wanna SEE em"
Old 10-06-2010, 06:44 PM
loots06
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Vapour Trails
Just get the GT500 pumps.

Think of the cost vs. the consquences. $700 now, or $5000 later.

Why?
Because I went the the BAP instead. I also bought the Dual Interceptor scan gauges, lower control arms with the relocation brackets. I plan on getting the dual pumps next month.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:03 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Damn, waited a whole year to craft that response?

Quick Reply: Boost-A-Pump vs. GT500 fuel pump??