Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

FRPP Hotrod cam owners, I need help......

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 01:41 PM
bonestang
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Street_Stallions
I was emailed a new tune from Matt at Bamachips yesterday evening that was written from scratch off of a base file. I installed tune and drove the car down the street to my buddys house and around the hood. Light never came on, it usually (90% of the time) comes on. The true test will be on the way home from work today because I'll be in stop and go traffic where the O/D off light would always (100%) start flashing. I'll keep everyone updated...........
Awesome - I've had the same problem for a couple of months now. I've sent Bamachips 5 emails now and haven't gotten any response. I will get the O/D light flashing and once in a while it will throw a code P0745 I think. I figured it was the Bama tune.

Keep us up to date if the new tunes fixed the problem.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:49 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

did you install phase plate locks or phase plate limiters? I don't think the FRPP requires either but with a cam you genererally end up with a wider Timing curve so it could have adverse affects if you installed them without phase limiters.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:59 PM
one.wicked.stang
2nd Gear Member

Well, bad news, the O/D light still flashes. It did it once on the way to work in stop and go traffic and then again when I went to get lunch (no traffic) just down the street. I am beginning to regret doing cams. The car was with no problems before I installed them, this is the 3rd or 4th tune I have had sent to me from Bamachips with no resolution to this problem.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:13 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

sorry to hear that

Originally Posted by Street_Stallions

I am beginning to regret doing cams.

Last edited by hammeron; 08-20-2009 at 09:07 AM.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:22 AM
one.wicked.stang
2nd Gear Member

Well, got ANOTHER tune file. So far so good on the way home last night. Driving car today again to see if all is well. Fingers crossed.....
Old 08-20-2009, 09:37 AM
08GT4U
2nd Gear Member

you might want to consider getting a tune from another tuner or have it dyno tune just to compare it.i dont have cams and when i had my bama tune my o/d light flashed and was doing the same as you.i now have a brenspeed tune and no problems with the o/d light flashing.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:31 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

If all else fails:

http://www.brenspeed.com
http://www.shoptillman.com/

When I do mine, I'll be sure and have tunes from more than one place to be safe.

Last edited by SirKnightTG; 08-20-2009 at 08:35 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:00 PM
zimmyzoom

BRENSPEED BRENSPEED BRENSPEED. I installed my cams and i never got it running right, exhaust always smelled and idle never good. I got a 93 tune with brenspeed, and runs 99.9 percent perfect, I do all my stuff with brenspeed. Dyno tune is only thing that is 100 percent but brenspeed is awesome. 7,000 miles on FRPP cams and it actually had a more lopey idle with the new tune.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:00 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by zimmyzoom
BRENSPEED BRENSPEED BRENSPEED. I installed my cams and i never got it running right, exhaust always smelled and idle never good. I got a 93 tune with brenspeed, and runs 99.9 percent perfect, I do all my stuff with brenspeed. Dyno tune is only thing that is 100 percent but brenspeed is awesome. 7,000 miles on FRPP cams and it actually had a more lopey idle with the new tune.

Any videos?
Old 08-21-2009, 12:15 PM
Intervention
3rd Gear Member

I wish I could help with your OD issue... But with mine being a stick I can't help.

What are your idle speeds set to? Before, my idle use to fluctuate 200epms in traffic, but with a fine tuned rpm idle, I got the fluctuations to just about stop.

I believe my settings are 650 and 770. I cannot remember which is which, I am on vacation and wont be able to look at my car for a few more days.

I regret doing cams myself as well....

I regret waiting so damn long to do them, my personal favorite mod

Quick Reply: FRPP Hotrod cam owners, I need help......