Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What do i do?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 10:51 PM
silverpony41
2nd Gear Member

Default What do i do?

Ok, so i thought i made up my mind to go with a hellion turbo, but then i started doing more research and looked into the procharger, which also now i want. Both are about the same price. The question is what do i? Do i go hellion or procharger. I like them both but which one is better? And when i ask which one is better im not asking which one is better for me. Really i just wanna know straight up which one is the better product. I'm about to pull my hair out deciding which one to get.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:59 PM
whitegt500

well alot depends on how ur gonna drive it, i know that turbos work more efficiently with automatics taking that it takes more time to spool up as compared to a blower that makes power at the touch of the pedal, or if u cant decide, do both lol, seen a couple of gt 500 that are turboed with the fact blower on it still lol
Old 08-20-2009, 12:03 AM
socalwrench
4th Gear Member

Supercharger all the way. I don't drive my V8 for efficiency- I drive it for the power!
Old 08-20-2009, 02:04 AM
Solitear
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by silverpony41
Ok, so i thought i made up my mind to go with a hellion turbo, but then i started doing more research and looked into the procharger, which also now i want. Both are about the same price. The question is what do i? Do i go hellion or procharger. I like them both but which one is better? And when i ask which one is better im not asking which one is better for me. Really i just wanna know straight up which one is the better product. I'm about to pull my hair out deciding which one to get.
Mmm depends on your goal.. I would do a turbo install just so im not like the other million stangs with blowers but the whine of an s/c is nice... mmm just depends on what you want..

Turbo: If its the right size, and tune turbo can give you better bang for your buck and never have to make 50 hp more to make the power u want..also nice thing is doesnt run off a pulley so you can drop her on a dyno and retune and up the boost but the downside is if you have stock internals then yea...Also turbo is kinda limitless power your only limited by the snail you pick

S/C's and Turbos both have Pro's and Con's but meh GL!
-Yes i would go for a turbo.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:20 PM
silverpony41
2nd Gear Member

From looking at dyno sheets compared to turbo and superchargers. It seems like with the turbo there is more torque than horsepower and with a supercharger there is more horsepower than torque. I could be wrong, but that is what i noticed in a lot of cases. In my opinion i would rather have more torque than horsepower, not the other way around. But on the other hand you got to love the way the procharger sounds. It is just loud. I dont think i have heard any complaints of it either.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:30 PM
shane.stockard
2nd Gear Member

It is up to the driver, I love the S/C but some like the turbo. When I think of turbo I think of rice burners....
Old 08-20-2009, 05:05 PM
silverpony41
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by shane.stockard
It is up to the driver, I love the S/C but some like the turbo. When I think of turbo I think of rice burners....
I dont ever think of rice burners......................its like they dont exist to me.
Old 08-21-2009, 04:05 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Turbo's are more efficient but have more parts to cause install problems. Yes turbo's can have more TQ over a S/C but it depends on what type of S/C your running. I have a twinscrew and it has huge torque from 1800 rpms to about 5500 rpms. On the other hand the turbo build tq and HP as the RPM's rise. The difference between the 2 is night and day. I look at the procharger or any centri as a belt driven turbo and that would make the turbo more efficient and pound for pound of boost it creates more HP then the centri's.....just depends on what your looking for and with any form of FI consider getting the motor forged at some point.

Have you considered NOS? now that is some serious TQ too!
Old 08-21-2009, 07:11 PM
silverpony41
2nd Gear Member

Heck no. Nitrous is out of the question for me. I care about my engine. Anyone here have a hellion or procharger? I would like to know what problems you have had.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:45 PM
S197winstang
3rd Gear Member

Go SC-- and hold on!