Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

FRPP 62MM TB

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 09:14 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

No adapter plate, bolts right on. It will be fun when my other goodies get on next week!
Old 08-26-2009, 09:28 PM
Vapour Trails
3rd Gear Member

Very pretty
Old 08-27-2009, 07:45 AM
07 GT E UPP
3rd Gear Member

Hey Robert...... Thought you might be interested in reading a portion of a posting on the Modular Fords.Com Website regarding the new FRPP M9926-3v Throttle Body. Looks very promising...!!:
They also show the actual Dyno Charts. I'm really interested even though I'm still NA....!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last week we had a 2007 Saleen extreme come in from South Dakota for a few upgrades including a Saleen watts link, Kooks headers, and fixing a pesky pulley squeal that he had for some time. We did the install and dynoed the car our ending up with 537 HP at the tires. This wasn't enough for Ed, the owner of the Extreme Saleen so we discussed installing the new Ford Racing 3V M-9926-3V throttle body. Ed agreed immediatley knowing it would be a nice power gain for his car and it would look excellent under the hood!

So we went to work installing the new high flow throttle body and we found that the throttle body bore on the lid created a wall behind the throttle blades and restricted air flow. So we decided to remove the upper lid and port match it to the throttle body. This took all of about 2-3 hrs to remove, port, and reinstall. After the unit was reassembled we put the car back on the dyno to see a gain of 26 peak HP and 11 Ft lbs of Torque!!! Closer to redline where the power starts to drop off the throttle body held a higher power curve and saw almost 50 HP at that point (6600 RPM)!!!!

The best part about these throttle bodys is they are assembled and tested by the same standards, even the same machines that are used for the production Ford throttle body for the 2005-2010 Mustangs! So you can ensure an exact and consistent performance from these bad boys! Tuning changes are very minimal and this throttle body and even be installed with out tuning, but a check on the dyno is suggested and your idle settings may need some minor adjustment

Here is a copy of a Graph from a 2005 Saleen with just minor bolt ons, this car also come out from South Dakota with the owner of the Extreme car. Once he saw the power gains and the appearance of the FRPP unit he was sold and had to have one too!!! This dyno graph is what most of you can expect on your stock engine SC cars! As you can see we gained 18 HP and 14 ftlbs of torque!

Last edited by 07 GT E UPP; 08-27-2009 at 09:51 AM.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:06 AM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

That's on an FI application though, I don't expect to gain anything but it's comforting knowing I have such a superior piece on the car!
Old 08-27-2009, 10:25 AM
07 GT E UPP
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by EagleStroker
That's on an FI application though, I don't expect to gain anything but it's comforting knowing I have such a superior piece on the car!
Ya, I'm still NA as well, but always hoping for a little more .... Steeda here is saying that we could get about 6-10 more at the wheels with a Dyno tune. Well...We'll see...?! Be sure to let us know how you make out.

Last edited by 07 GT E UPP; 08-27-2009 at 11:49 AM.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:12 AM
07 GT E UPP
3rd Gear Member

I decided to take the plunge and ordered one last week. My shop called me today and said come pick it up, so I slapped it on. I haven't taken any installed pictures yet as I'm working on a project for my plenum cover, as my old one wouldn't clear the new fuel rails or this throttle body!

First impressions of this thing are very good, thought out piece. The butt dyno is registering, I'll find out next week when it's in the shop :nice:

Hey Robert, Any performance updates.. is it worth it ..??
Old 09-08-2009, 06:24 AM
GT John
3rd Gear Member

You definitely need to tweak the tune on any car, I was close enough for it to work until I got it to the dyno.
We have experienced a 6 - 10 rwhp gain by porting and polishing the stock throttle body. The mass air flow transfer function will have to be retuned.

I would expect your new throttle body to match those numbers.

John
Old 09-08-2009, 07:46 AM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07 GT E UPP
Hey Robert, Any performance updates.. is it worth it ..??
It was on the dyno last week and I was very impressed, sheets and a new thread to follow as soon as my tuner e-mails me the sheets!

Originally Posted by GT John
We have experienced a 6 - 10 rwhp gain by porting and polishing the stock throttle body. The mass air flow transfer function will have to be retuned.

I would expect your new throttle body to match those numbers.

John
I saw 5 on my BBK TB, didn't see a gain with this over that in a power sense per say, but when you see the power curve you'll see what I mean. I already had a 62mm tb tuned to the car, took all of 5 minutes on the dyno to get the drive around ability perfect, no surging anymore
Old 09-08-2009, 11:48 AM
07 GT E UPP
3rd Gear Member

It was on the dyno last week and I was very impressed, sheets and a new thread to follow as soon as my tuner e-mails me the sheets!

I saw 5 on my BBK TB, didn't see a gain with this over that in a power sense per say, but when you see the power curve you'll see what I mean. I already had a 62mm tb tuned to the car, took all of 5 minutes on the dyno to get the drive around ability perfect, no surging anymore
OK Great...and thanks. Mine is on order and the install and Dyno is scheduled for next week.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:39 PM
jc63_
2nd Gear Member

Can this be accomplished with a flash tuner? I'm stationed in a remote place, there is NO dyno here, and I'm hesitant to apply any mods without some sort of support stateside for tuning...this is something that I was looking at as well it looks nice and a few extra mm of air intake never hurt anyone Any inputs?

Quick Reply: FRPP 62MM TB