Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Satisfied for now

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 11:37 AM
geocomp
2nd Gear Member

Talking Satisfied for now

I am finally satisfied with my first major mod. I purcharsed a Saleen Suprercharger w/ 475 kit from a forum member back in July, Thanks Chididdy. I finally got around to installing the kit a few weeks ago. Most things went smoothly during the install. There were a few hiccups along the way. I started on a Sunday about noon and spent 6 hours on it getting the tear down process completed. Then set the supercharger in place and bolted down. The following week after work spent a few hours on it each night and was able to finish the install.

Friday afternoon got home to put the last few things together. Went to add coolant to the radiator and discovered I had a leak with the pipes that are in the valley of the engine under the supercharger. Yanked the supercharger back off re-fitted the coolant pipes. And put the Supercharger back in place.
Began adding coolant again and no leak at this point.

Saturday woke up early and finsihed the re-install. Plug in the SCT Tuner and come to find out the tune that was put on the tuner was corrupted. Had to wait until Monday to get the local tuner to correct the issue.

Got the tuner issue fixed Monday afternoon and drove the car around the block. Pulled back in the driveway to find another coolant leak sparying all over the front drivers side of the engine bay. Spent the next week after work trying to figure out where it was coming from. Luckily this is not my DD. Last Saturday tore the "Octopus" radiator hose contraption completley apart wasting even more coolant onto the floor of my garage. Finally figured it was the lower radiator hose clamp on the thermostat housing was not making a good seal. Replaced factory clamp with a screw type clamp, cleaned up the engine bay for the 6th time and took her for another test drive. No leaks this time.

Installed Brenspeed tune that I ordered as a backup to the local tuners program. Car runs like a bat out of hell now.

I also installed a Steeda CAI and a HaneyMotorSports Oil/Vapor seperator.

Get her custom tuned and Dyno'd on September 11th.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:42 AM
geocomp
2nd Gear Member

Default Pictures!

Old 09-04-2009, 11:47 AM
bossman15
1st Gear Member

Looks good.....Ummmmmmm Boost
Old 09-04-2009, 11:51 AM
geocomp
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bossman15
Looks good.....Ummmmmmm Boost
I assume your asking how much? Supposedly the 475 kit gives about 5-5.5 boost. I don't have any guages yet to determine for sure. I will for sure find out when I get her dyno'd.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:05 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

+1, looking real good geocomp

congrats and welcome to the positive
intake manifold pressure crew
Old 09-04-2009, 12:11 PM
ffk_pennywise
3rd Gear Member

Congrats you lucky SOB!
Old 09-04-2009, 10:30 PM
ChiDiddy
4th Gear Member

thats my supercharger lol. I still hate my brother for selling it. Screw him im buying a whipple HO on my own soon Im glad you like the charger!
Old 09-04-2009, 10:41 PM
HoorayBeer
2nd Gear Member

how hard was the install, and what is your mechanic level?
any special tools?
Old 09-07-2009, 09:27 AM
white531
1st Gear Member

Had the same problems on my supercharger after it was taken off for a oil leak 3 times.Saleen and brenspeed told the ford dealership that they have never heard of these to leak oil.After the 4th time ford put dye in everything but the supercharger.Sure enough,the leaking oil was from the supercharger.Breenspeed had me send it to saleen for inspection.Sure enough, they found a crack.They made a repair and after 3 weeks i guess it made it back to the dealership last fri.This thing has been a disappointment from the get go.Only made 420 rwh(this is the 500 stage3 with stage 4 upgrade).Brenspeed did the install before they moved into there new complex.If i ever get this thing fixed i will head back to them for a dyno.This unit is under warrenty but has cost me a ton in labor at the ford dealership (plus shipping) I just didn't have the time to take it back to brenspeed (850 miles one way)
Old 09-08-2009, 11:20 AM
geocomp
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ChiDiddy
thats my supercharger lol. I still hate my brother for selling it. Screw him im buying a whipple HO on my own soon Im glad you like the charger!
If you want to get together so you can see what the supercharger feels like let me know and we can meet somewhere! Invite your brother, he seems like a pretty good guy.

Quick Reply: Satisfied for now