Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I JUST GOT SMOKED!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 02:14 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Gears, tires, and a good CAI and tune and you will have him.

BTW.
There is a car club here and the guys that are NA on the 2005 up GTs are all saying that 4.30's are actually the way to go.

Comments? Experience?
Old 09-09-2009, 05:14 PM
THEBLACKSTANG
4th Gear Member

What rpms are you guys with 4.10s pulling at say 75mph?
Old 09-09-2009, 06:36 PM
Ken04
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jyna06gt
he just took right off but after about 3 cars he stopped pulling on me, im a firm believer that its my weight and gears thats the problem. im just not trying to make this a track car by gutting it or anything i just want one hell of a n/a street bruiser, i was also thinking the suspension is all stock! should i look into springs and shocks? i mean i know it doesnt have that much power but for what power it has wouldnt it help put it to the ground or no?
if he jumped out on you out of the hole, but then you 2 stayed pretty close it had to be 1 of 3 things, or a combination of all 3. 1; gears, 2; driver, no offense, but next time you may be first on the loud pedal and jump him by a couple, it happens. 3; tires/traction.

To get a true test you need to take it to the track. Compare reaction time slips and 60 foot times. If he's consistently leaving you at the line, and reaction times are pretty equal and you and he aren't getting alot of wheel spin, you'll know it's his gears.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:55 PM
jyna06gt
1st Gear Member

hey man yea i understand what your say, and dont worry i dont take that as a insult, but my only thing is it wasnt just 1 race it was 4 with the same ending everytime. I kno im not john force lol but i dont see me leaving late 4 times in a row lol but i get what your saying and thanks for the input, i just got the car in march so i wanted to give it at least a year or so before i start beating it around the track and streets lol
Old 09-10-2009, 08:50 AM
avengence
3rd Gear Member

75mph is 2500 rpms in 5th.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:01 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

he just took right off but after about 3 cars he stopped pulling on me, im a firm believer that its my weight and gears thats the problem. im just not trying to make this a track car by gutting it or anything i just want one hell of a n/a street bruiser, i was also thinking the suspension is all stock! should i look into springs and shocks? i mean i know it doesnt have that much power but for what power it has wouldnt it help put it to the ground or no?
Did you spin? Was there wheel hop? Being as close as you are, i'm sure you've done some roll racing, so what were the results of those?
Old 09-10-2009, 06:00 PM
Ken04
2nd Gear Member

hey man yea i understand what your say, and dont worry i dont take that as a insult, but my only thing is it wasnt just 1 race it was 4 with the same ending everytime. I kno im not john force lol but i dont see me leaving late 4 times in a row lol but i get what your saying and thanks for the input, i just got the car in march so i wanted to give it at least a year or so before i start beating it around the track and streets lol
my daily driver is a Suzuki SUV. It has 5.13:1 gears in it. But only 185 horsepower (little, tiny japanese horses at that). But out of a light, it's amazing quick for about 40 or 50 yards. So gearing really can make a huge difference. It sounds like that's what beat you 4 times.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:39 AM
jyna06gt
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by moosestang
Did you spin? Was there wheel hop? Being as close as you are, i'm sure you've done some roll racing, so what were the results of those?
really aside from my buddy the only things i raced where a 350z w/can's and a CAI and me and my other buddy who has a pretty sweet cummins raced for fun, that was about it. and i beat the 350z by a car and beat the cummins by 4 but no there was no wheel hop or spin( just a chirp when i went into 3rd).
Old 09-14-2009, 09:09 AM
SilversurferV6
2nd Gear Member

you should have ripped him a new a-hole. You definately seem to have the edge. Look at my mods in my sig and im runing 12.8s. My only conclusion is first off roush intake sucks so bad, we all know that. go with the JLT intake and a bamachipstune on bamachips.com. I gained 5 tenths with just that in my 1/4 mile. Just by adding that you should wallop him pretty good. Especially with a set of 4.10s which i dont even think youll need.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:03 AM
jyna06gt
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by SilversurferV6
you should have ripped him a new a-hole. You definately seem to have the edge. Look at my mods in my sig and im runing 12.8s. My only conclusion is first off roush intake sucks so bad, we all know that. go with the JLT intake and a bamachipstune on bamachips.com. I gained 5 tenths with just that in my 1/4 mile. Just by adding that you should wallop him pretty good. Especially with a set of 4.10s which i dont even think youll need.
well i just upped my timing by 4 degree's and upped my fuel by 4 degrees, took the insert out of my CAI and set it to the "C&L racer CAI" on my sct and it's running a little better i handed a fully bolt on GTO(6.0) his *** so its runnin a little better, still waitin on the parts to come in.

thanks for all ur input

Quick Reply: I JUST GOT SMOKED!!!