Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

questions!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 05:17 PM
07RoushStg2

Default questions!!

Just tryin to find the best place amongst the forums to ask questions about upgrading my 2007 Roush's performance..Thanks to anyone who can help

Vance

Old 09-08-2009, 08:43 PM
2007VistaBlueGT
2nd Gear Member

We can all give you advise, best part is most of know what we're talking about. However you didn't ask a question, what is it you're looking to do?
Old 09-09-2009, 04:35 PM
07RoushStg2

im just tryin to find out what i can do with about a thousand dollars or so, maybe something to help me prep for when i buy my supercharger after i return from iraq. Ive been told headers and cams and what not but im tryin to basically make my mustang the most bad *** thing alive in the savannah area, that is still street legal, ill be coming home with roughly 30 thousand but as ive told others i dont know my head form my butt when it comes to peformance parts for my car so if you have ideas please share!!! Thanks

Vance

Old 09-09-2009, 05:01 PM
2007Vert
1st Gear Member

CAI, tuner and 4:10 gears would be a great start.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:32 AM
2007VistaBlueGT
2nd Gear Member

If you're going to purchase a supercharger after your deployment then don't purchase anything powerwise with that $1,000 you have to spend now. I would purchase a set of lower control arms for better stability and traction, if your Roush is lowered a set of CHE relocation brakcets will assist in traction greatly.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:48 AM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

if you are looking to have the baddest *** thing on the road, you may want to start by looking into serious weight reduction of the car, putting a stroker kit on your motor, or atleast forging the internals to prepare for all the boost you will need.

or maybe everybody in your area has slow cars...that'd probably work out better.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:57 PM
07RoushStg2

well like i said , i would like the most bad *** stang here in savannah georgia, and with the money i make in iraq its very possible, but i really dont want to change the way the car looks at the same time, kinda like a sleeper thing you know, but im definitly likeing the idea of weight reduction, and getting the internals done, another question then, once i get this roushcharger, what other things need to be done to the car in order for it to all flow properly, i appreciate everyone help and ive been taking serious notes on all this so feel free to keep adding your opinions thanks...

Vance

Old 09-10-2009, 09:23 PM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

it all needs to be installed and tuned properly. please tell me that you are looking at the new TVS 2.3L roush and not the old one. a good tuner can tell you what will work best for what you are looking for.

with all the power you are looking forward to, you will need to have a beefed up suspension and much better tires in order to plant the power to the pavement
Old 09-11-2009, 01:24 PM
07RoushStg2

thanks man i appreciate the help ill be making a shopping list of things for the roush as i come closer to getting home, tand yes i will be getting the new supercharger if its compatible with mine, every where ive looked i thought it was only compatible with the 2010 models, but if it fits on my 07 ill definitly get the upgrade, and can anyone give me an estimate of how much all this might cost so i know what im playin with?? i know about 5 or 6 grand for the supercharger but im clueless on everything else, and once again i really do appreciate everyones opinions and comments on this your making my life a hell of a lot easier...thanks..

Vance
Old 09-11-2009, 01:41 PM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

what suspension mods and tires does the roush stage 2 come with?

Look at about:
$7000 for purchase, install, and tune of the roush S/C
$1000 to get your suspension rolling in the right direction
$2500 for the stroker kit + install (have no idea on the cost); if you want to go that route
$6000-$15000 for a new built up engine depending on if you go long block/short block, more displacement, build quality, ect. + install (if you want to go that route)
***check out the aluminator*** my future motor

weight reduction items:
rear seat delete
steeda radiator support
drive shaft
remove spare tire
lose the A/C and radio
plenty of weight reducing suspension mods out there...

man, the options are endless as long as you have the money.

Now the problem comes with the aerodynamics of our cars too. Even if you can get your car going REALLY fast, it will eventually hit a brick wall with the aerodynamics. Eventually, that Z06, Porsche 911, Ferarri, ect. is gonna catch you cause they are all designed to cut through the air and hit blistering top speeds. Our cars just cant do that.

But, with the mods i have listed, it is very possible to make your car the fastest thing in your area; atleast up to the speeds that you would ever be able to hit on a public road.

Quick Reply: questions!!