Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Pedal to the floor no power... please help!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 12:55 AM
2011Black5.0
4th Gear Member

ok ill check in the morning for me lol thats really weird id guess that it must be something with your tune or the tune messed up something. id call SCT and see what they think
Old 10-29-2009, 10:46 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

I guess it is tune related also. Talk to whoever you purchased the SCT unit from and have them reflash the tuner with a new tune. It wouldn't be the first time a tune or tuner was bad.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:18 AM
ch4r1ie

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by silverscmustang
ok ill check in the morning for me lol thats really weird id guess that it must be something with your tune or the tune messed up something. id call SCT and see what they think
OK, I went back to basics and checked all the engine/air filter connections, cleaned the MAF sensor and once again flashed the car back to its stock profile and the problem vanished!

I'd tried returning it back to the stock profile before, but it hadn't resolved the issue. I'm not sure why it worked this time, I'm just glad it did and I have a drivable car once again!

I thoroughly tested car and still no problem. So, just to be sure it was a tune problem I re-flashed with the custom tune and the problem was immediately back... the steady deep hollow sounding growl as the rpm's crawled up to around 5,000!

So, I've retuned the car back to stock (yet again) and have contacted Steeda regarding the problems with the custom tune. I'll let you know what they say!

Thanks for all the help and advice all, I really appreciate it!

Cheers,

Ch4r1ie
Old 10-30-2009, 09:07 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

glad you got it sorted out, before
serious engine damage occured.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:32 PM
Shadow7874
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ch4r1ie
OK, I went back to basics and checked all the engine/air filter connections, cleaned the MAF sensor and once again flashed the car back to its stock profile and the problem vanished!

I'd tried returning it back to the stock profile before, but it hadn't resolved the issue. I'm not sure why it worked this time, I'm just glad it did and I have a drivable car once again!

I thoroughly tested car and still no problem. So, just to be sure it was a tune problem I re-flashed with the custom tune and the problem was immediately back... the steady deep hollow sounding growl as the rpm's crawled up to around 5,000!

So, I've retuned the car back to stock (yet again) and have contacted Steeda regarding the problems with the custom tune. I'll let you know what they say!

Cheers,

Ch4r1ie
Now to make up for the lost time with your bottom end power, add a twin screw!
Old 11-01-2009, 11:17 PM
ch4r1ie

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Shadow7874
Now to make up for the lost time with your bottom end power, add a twin screw!
That sounds like a plan!
Old 11-02-2009, 07:44 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Cheers,

Ch4r1ie
I love being right.

After you get the new custom tune let us know what you think.

Good luck!
Old 11-04-2009, 04:55 PM
wasvette
3rd Gear Member

Cheers,

Ch4r1ie
Dude - I love Steeda but their tunes are not good - look at my sig, I buy steeda parts but for some reason the tunes are a.) conservative and b.) my car wouldn't run on the 1st one they sent - do a vmp tune, you won't regret it - don't keep the revised tune they email - good luck>>>>>