Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Brenspeed SCT tune/JLT CAI

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 05:13 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Default Brenspeed SCT tune/JLT CAI

AWESOME!!!!

Left 60 feet of rubber through first gear.............scratch's going into second and third gear (auto trans)!!! Throttle response is so much better.....no lag time. Rpms feel more racey.....power feels strong though the pedal, car pulls harder. Has the nice sucking sound I love so much......engine snarls now!!! hahaha....

A great mod and well worth the money!! All cars should have this mod. Its should be a must mod for sure!!!

Brenspeed shipped ontime and everything arrived perfectly. Install was simple....anybody can figure it out. Using the sct was simple too. Follow the prompts and your done and burning rubber down the steet!!! Yeah baby!!

patrick
Old 11-01-2009, 02:38 AM
hardcore302
2nd Gear Member

Yeah man they know their stuff. I can burn half way through 3rd gear. Then I start going sideways. Enjoy!
Old 11-01-2009, 02:37 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Now I know why I read so many threads where people were saying "just order it"!!! What a difference.

patrick
Old 11-02-2009, 09:16 AM
BRENSPEED
Former Sponsor

Glad your pleased. Sorry about your tire tred loss.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:04 PM
stanged

Default Smog cks in CA?

I live in California and have the Custom Tuned SCT X3. I am interested in the JLT CAI but am concerned about meeting the CA smog checks and do not want to have to re-install the originals to pass. Does anyone have experience with the JLT CAI and smog checks in CA?
Old 11-02-2009, 11:51 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Brenspeed *should* be able to provide an "emission friendly" tune for you. Just email them or give them a call...
Old 11-03-2009, 12:29 AM
stanged

Originally Posted by Mudflap
Brenspeed *should* be able to provide an "emission friendly" tune for you. Just email them or give them a call...
I bought the SCT X3 from Brenspeed and have their octane tunes. I will give them a call to see what they say about smog testing with a CAI.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:37 PM
AU2BOT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 808muscle
AWESOME!!!!

Left 60 feet of rubber through first gear.............scratch's going into second and third gear (auto trans)!!! Throttle response is so much better.....no lag time. Rpms feel more racey.....power feels strong though the pedal, car pulls harder. Has the nice sucking sound I love so much......engine snarls now!!! hahaha....

A great mod and well worth the money!! All cars should have this mod. Its should be a must mod for sure!!!

Brenspeed shipped ontime and everything arrived perfectly. Install was simple....anybody can figure it out. Using the sct was simple too. Follow the prompts and your done and burning rubber down the steet!!! Yeah baby!!

patrick
Patrick, Congrats on the new tune and CAI , I knew you would love it, nice to have all that extra power you didnt even know you had and 10 times more fun to drive too!!!

Steve
Old 11-04-2009, 12:07 PM
fireguyty
1st Gear Member

Brenspeed is the best!
Old 11-04-2009, 12:17 PM
stanged

Originally Posted by stanged
I bought the SCT X3 from Brenspeed and have their octane tunes. I will give them a call to see what they say about smog testing with a CAI.
You are right mudflap, I talked to Brenspeed. Their normal tunes turn off the rear O2 sensors. This means that if the tester uses a OBII scanner your car will fail. You can order emissions testing friendly tunes from Brenspeed that leave the sensor on.

Quick Reply: Brenspeed SCT tune/JLT CAI