Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Is this super charger good?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 11:22 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

How much is the mustang your looking to buy? When modding a car with a SC it always cost more than you think. Its not just the cost of the SC. If you really are set on high HP, just get the gt500. You will get a awesome ride with a SC and a warranty.

patrick
Old 11-07-2009, 12:05 PM
AndrewG.T.

31K GT premium AUTOMATIC. i don't like manual so i'm not going to get the gt500.
Old 11-07-2009, 03:50 PM
S197steve
4th Gear Member

I think you need to do a lot more research before you buy a supercharger... it sounds like you have no idea what you want and are just throwing darts in the dark.

Do you want a twinscrew or a centrifugal supercharger?

Do you want intercooled or non-intercooled?

Do you want a safe HP level or do you want high hp levels?

Are you dead set on a S/C or have you considered a turbo also?
Old 11-07-2009, 04:00 PM
AndrewG.T.

Honestly, I was just told to get a Kenne Bell 2.6H Stage 2 Kit for the GT and a Torque converter at 2.5k RPM. I dont know what are the spec's i just know where to get the kenne bell.... ;/ and what about turbo? I just want to do a simple mod that will make me able to beat a M6 v10 stock and 370z sport touring stock... (those are my friends :P) I love the car. only car i want but I hate manual lol. and i dont have SUPER cash to blow to super mod a car..
Old 11-07-2009, 04:45 PM
AndrewG.T.

Ok i got everything. he told me here's everything I need.

TS1000-05-IN2C is the serial of the super charger from kenne bell.

and this is the torque converter.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/TCI-456000/

he said it will work for 2010 Gt im getting. If anything i'm going to a Tune shop to do this work before i buy the parts to ask them so it's all good. he said the kenne bell comes with EVERYTHING i need

"Yes, the Kenne Bell kit comes with EVERYTHING!!!! Fuel system, supercharger, intercooler, tune.... EVERYTHING. You won't need to do a THING to the motor."

"you will probably accelerate from 0-60 mph in 3.5 seconds and cover the 1/4 mile in about 11.50 at 121 mph."

"You will be replacing the other torque converter so you will actual lose about 40 pounds. The car weighs about 3600 pounds."

This guy i'm talking to has a GT Mustang with 1200HP
Old 11-07-2009, 06:26 PM
S197steve
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AndrewG.T.
Ok i got everything. he told me here's everything I need.

TS1000-05-IN2C is the serial of the super charger from kenne bell.

and this is the torque converter.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/TCI-456000/

he said it will work for 2010 Gt im getting. If anything i'm going to a Tune shop to do this work before i buy the parts to ask them so it's all good. he said the kenne bell comes with EVERYTHING i need

"Yes, the Kenne Bell kit comes with EVERYTHING!!!! Fuel system, supercharger, intercooler, tune.... EVERYTHING. You won't need to do a THING to the motor."

"you will probably accelerate from 0-60 mph in 3.5 seconds and cover the 1/4 mile in about 11.50 at 121 mph."

"You will be replacing the other torque converter so you will actual lose about 40 pounds. The car weighs about 3600 pounds."

This guy i'm talking to has a GT Mustang with 1200HP
Make sure you do your research man, don't necessarily go with what others recommend... it may not suit your needs. An informed decision is the best decision.

In addition to the supercharger, you're going to need many supporting mods as well including: one-piece driveshaft, better tires, upper/lower control arms etc...

There is no point in having all that power if you can't keep the tires from spinning...
Old 11-07-2009, 06:43 PM
AndrewG.T.

yeah he told me i'm going to need a upgrade lower arms and driveshaft.. thats it tho..
Old 11-07-2009, 08:48 PM
2007VistaBlueGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Steve O Chap
I think you need to do a lot more research before you buy a supercharger... it sounds like you have no idea what you want and are just throwing darts in the dark.
+1. If you're going to get an automatic then you should purchase the new kit form FRPP M-6066-MGT475 you will not NEED to replace anything else.
Old 11-08-2009, 05:34 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AndrewG.T.
Not on stock rubber and suspension unless you get the John Force mod.
Old 11-08-2009, 06:13 AM
odel
1st Gear Member

I would definitely agree with VistaBlueGT. Going with a Ford Motor Racing Twin Screw would give peace of mind, since they will ship all parts with a tune dedicated to your car. Go to their website and check for a specialized shop in your area. I have used http://www.joeheckracing.com/home, and have been very satisfied with them. There are others in the tristate area. I would use them to order all the parts and give you an estimate in labor cost. There is no substitute for experience when it comes to Mustang mods. Soon after I got my whipple, I quickly decided to get the FRPP handling pack, and Brake upgrade pack, to keep the car safe. It is now a great daily driver with attitude on demand. Good luck.

Last edited by odel; 11-09-2009 at 05:40 AM.

Quick Reply: Is this super charger good?