Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Currie Motors - Frankfort, Illinois $10k over MSRP

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 02:00 AM
welshstar
1st Gear Member

Default Currie Motors - Frankfort, Illinois $10k over MSRP

Hi

Just wanted to warn people that this dealership has just got 2 GT's in stock

Robbing ******** are asking $10,000 over MSRP

Wanted to turn off as many people as possible

Steve

Old 07-18-2005, 06:44 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Currie Motors - Frankfort, Illinois $10k over MSRP

you don't say if there are any options on the car.
Some dealers add expensive rims, stripes, body parts that will easily raise the price by 5 grand.
But they usually don't show the total price!
If it's a $10K market adjustment go ahead and key it! LOL
Old 07-18-2005, 09:34 AM
welshstar
1st Gear Member

Hi

This is a totally standard car

Only options were factory ones and are in the MSRP before the $10K

Theres another dealer locally, Rod Baker whos asking 35-37k but this is for Roush packages which is fair enough

Steve
Old 07-18-2005, 11:15 AM
nickbrace
2nd Gear Member

Thats soooooo bad..........can't believe they would be asking that much over MSRP!

PLEASE nobody every go to this dealership!
Old 07-18-2005, 11:42 AM
sdmahr
1st Gear Member

I hope the cars sit in thier lot and rust ! Thats crazy !

I have a buddy that paid a $2500.00 "Market Adjustment" for his premium GT and I thought he was nuts !
Old 07-18-2005, 11:54 AM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

I would NEVER pay over MSRP for a car. Hell, I'd never pay over MSRP for ANYTHING. I got my Saleen for about $5000 less - so why would anybody pay over MSRP for a stock GT?? And I don't mean that as a slam on GT vs Saleen or anything negative like that.

I don't think you need to warn any of us MF'ers - we're all smarter than that Those cars will sit there until a stupid buyer picks one up, or a SMART buyer comes and asks to talk to the GM and lets him know he's off his rocker (or her/she/her)! Thats just rediculous, but typical in the car sales world.

I bet you could walk in there today, act all interested and sincere and all that - and tell them your not going to spend any more than $24K and they won't let you walk out [8D]

Old 07-18-2005, 12:07 PM
Magget
1st Gear Member

A lot of Illinois Ford dealers are charging 5 - 10k above MSRP. Schaumburg, Elgin, Chicago, etc.

Wisckstrom Ford in Barrington is charging MSRP (no markup) for '06.

If you want contact info then please PM me.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:23 PM
ese

The Fox Lake Ford dealership in Il. wanted to charge me 3000 over MSRP for a custom order from the factory!

I think that is crazy that some people think they can get away with charging 3000 for filling out a form and hitting submit... I called a bunch of dealers in the area with GTs in their lots, and they all charged over MSRP, but when I heard that this dealer wanted to charge over MSRP for a custom order, that crossed the line. I can almost see how people would pay 3k for that "instant purchase" without having to wait a few months, for their order to come in, but paying 3k and still waiting 3 months is insane!

I called back to my hometown in Iowa, and asked if they'd honor the x-plan price on the GT with a factory order, the guy didn't hesitate to say yes. I just don't get these big city folk that are willing to sit back and swallow whatever fees a dealer wants to charge them.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:39 PM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

ORIGINAL: ese

The Fox Lake Ford dealership in Il. wanted to charge me 3000 over MSRP for a custom order from the factory!

I think that is crazy that some people think they can get away with charging 3000 for filling out a form and hitting submit... I called a bunch of dealers in the area with GTs in their lots, and they all charged over MSRP, but when I heard that this dealer wanted to charge over MSRP for a custom order, that crossed the line. I can almost see how people would pay 3k for that "instant purchase" without having to wait a few months, for their order to come in, but paying 3k and still waiting 3 months is insane!

I called back to my hometown in Iowa, and asked if they'd honor the x-plan price on the GT with a factory order, the guy didn't hesitate to say yes. I just don't get these big city folk that are willing to sit back and swallow whatever fees a dealer wants to charge them.
Welcome to the Chicago suburbs, home of some of the dumbest people on earth. The problem around here is that everybody is always trying to one-up the guy next door, and there are plenty of suckers and dumbass's with too much money and not enough brains. I always try to buy my cars downstate or a few hours west, the deals are much better, even on used cars.
Old 07-18-2005, 04:55 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

I can't believe they are getting it.

Here in STL they are going at or under MSRP. I paid less then MSRP even AFTER I had the additional stuff done.

Quick Reply: Currie Motors - Frankfort, Illinois $10k over MSRP