Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

'05 GT Flowmaster Exhaust Shakedown!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 10:36 PM
4wheelkillr
2nd Gear Member

Default '05 GT Flowmaster Exhaust Shakedown!

Ok I know we've talked lots about this subject but I wanted to put all my research in perspective and see if anyone had any further input or info on better prices.

I basically searched just about ever mustang parts supplier that had FlowMaster American Thunder exhaust prices listed on their website (that I could find easily). Granted lots of vendors out there do phone orders and dont have prices simply listed but didn't look in every little place.

So here's the list with prices. If anyone knows places cheaper please let us know!

Flowmaster American Thunder '05 GT Mustang Specific axleback exhaust
part# FL 17410
Vendor--------------------cost----------shipping--------total
LMPerformance.com-----290----------30---------------320
LTPerformance.com----- 273----------31---------------304 (cheapest found)
partshopper.com---------300----------30---------------330 (w/ 105% price guarantee)
mustangsunlimited.com-330----------30----------------360 (these people are nuts)
ninosport.com------------320----------free--------------320

If anyone has anything cheaper post up!
Old 07-20-2005, 11:33 PM
cliff

Default RE: '05 GT Flowmaster Exhaust Shakedown!

Try Summit Racing-I think the exhaust is about $279.00. I do not know the shipping cost.

cliff
Old 07-21-2005, 12:02 AM
jtscuba02
2nd Gear Member

you need to go to someone that works on these mod motors. they will tell not to go with the flowmasters. the same day i got my car it went to the exhaust shop, and i put flows on it, then the guy told me that you will see more horsies using bassani or slp. it does sound good though. nice and mellow until about 4 grand, then it starts to get loud. do some more research and ask around. good luck
Old 07-21-2005, 12:06 PM
1fast05GT
3rd Gear Member

I paid $276.00 with tax and shipping.

21st CENTURY EXHAUST
2900 HIGH RIDGE ROAD #5
BOYNTON BEACH FL US 33426
view map Distance: 4 miles

800 276-6399
561 243-8890

SJOH9323@AOL.COM

There is no loss in HP with the American Thunder designed for the '05s. There is not much gain either but no axle back is going to give you much gain anyways. The sound is just right, not to loud, but loud enough to get noticed.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:34 PM
jtscuba02
2nd Gear Member

right you are, ken. really though, if you plan to do any other mods to the car, use parts you can build off of in the future.
Old 07-21-2005, 03:14 PM
4wheelkillr
2nd Gear Member

1fast...I totally agree...

I have done my homework on the cat-back and axle backs. Axlebacks dont give any gains worth writing home about. My intention is just for sound...that's all. Spending $500-$800 on a full cat-back system doesn't do a whole lot either unless you have the upgraded headers that will allow that whole system to breath. And spending almost $2000 on a good full exhaust system like jba or mac to only get 30 or 40 hp (from what I've seen in posts) is hardly worth the effort.

A good tuner can free up 20 or 30 hp (especially at my altitude) for only $200! But like you said, the sound is my MAIN desire...i want a mustang that rumbles, no retarded fart cans or high-pitched popping, only pure american bad-*** untamed Mustang spirit!

I will DEF. chec into 21st cent. exhaust...thanks for the info!

ORIGINAL: 1fast05GT

I paid $276.00 with tax and shipping.

21st CENTURY EXHAUST
2900 HIGH RIDGE ROAD #5
BOYNTON BEACH FL US 33426
view map Distance: 4 miles

800 276-6399
561 243-8890

SJOH9323@AOL.COM

There is no loss in HP with the American Thunder designed for the '05s. There is not much gain either but no axle back is going to give you much gain anyways. The sound is just right, not to loud, but loud enough to get noticed.
Old 07-21-2005, 03:38 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

The American thunder is a real classic sound.

I like magnaflows on the 99 - 04s. It would be cool to hear them on an '05.

By the way - did you guys check the prices with any of our site sponsors? There is a list of sponsors and they are usually quite competitive.
Old 07-21-2005, 03:52 PM
nickbrace
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jtscuba02

you need to go to someone that works on these mod motors. they will tell not to go with the flowmasters. the same day i got my car it went to the exhaust shop, and i put flows on it, then the guy told me that you will see more horsies using bassani or slp. it does sound good though. nice and mellow until about 4 grand, then it starts to get loud. do some more research and ask around. good luck
There is no loss in hp from the flowmaster american thunders - no increase either! I wouldnt expect any increase in hp from the SLP Loudmouth either but the Bassani I am not sure about.
Old 07-21-2005, 03:59 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: nickbrace

ORIGINAL: jtscuba02

There is no loss in hp from the flowmaster american thunders - no increase either! I wouldnt expect any increase in hp from the SLP Loudmouth either but the Bassani I am not sure about.
I don;t think you are going to notice any change in HP with any muffler change alone. The ones that come on the car are not too bad and unless you buy some cheap piece of crap, you won't lose any HP, but you won't be able to gain much either. I'd pick the ones that sound the coolest [sm=icon_rock.gif]
Old 07-21-2005, 07:04 PM
jtscuba02
2nd Gear Member

i think you all missed the point. buy stuff that you can build off of at a later date. flowmasters are great if you have a big block chevy, but look at all the new mustangs that are going fast, no one is using flowmasters. like i said, they sound great, but when the time comes to upgrade the exhaust, the flows will go. someone give me a price and they are yours. i have yet to talk to any tuners that recommend flowmasters.

Quick Reply: '05 GT Flowmaster Exhaust Shakedown!