Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

How much N/A whp is possible?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 05:54 AM
mike castaldo
2nd Gear Member

well i can say egalestroker... my billet crank is over 3,000.. as for as hosepower per dollar force is the way to go.. but if you like a screamer and you got money to play with go all motor.. like i said i got some good stuff in her..
Old 01-02-2010, 08:25 AM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

I'm fully aware of the cost (that's actually pretty cheap billet, typical price is 3500-4200+) and I will say for a fact unless your turning over 10k RPM or are over 1500 horsepower you wasted your money. I'm not bashing, but just because you spend the most doesn't equate to the better part for your set up. I have the capability to turn 9500, currently my heads can't handle it so I shift at 7200. I would be willing to argue from testing I've done personally I paid less, and its just as good "stuff."

And quite frankly I do not see how the price of your crank or how good you think your cars built is relevant to the OP's question.

Last edited by EagleStroker; 01-02-2010 at 08:38 AM.
Old 01-02-2010, 11:06 AM
Fool4Parts
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by dstang10
Well with all this talk about the 5.0 and the numbers that it will produce makes me want to get some more HP out of my 10' gt. Right now I don't know if I want to go N/A or FI. I know with a supercharger I can make 450+whp. I want to know what kind of numbers and 1/4 mile times i could get from intake, tune, LT headers, UDP's, and a mild cam. The goal is to make a faster Daily driver.

I got a lot of the bolt-ons you mention and others. Spent a boat load of cash and have a lot less power than F/I. It is reliable and a daily driver but so are good F/I installations and tunes, so I hear. I should gone F/I to start with but just started buying part after part. oh well, I still love driving it.
Old 01-02-2010, 11:44 AM
mike castaldo
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by EagleStroker
I'm fully aware of the cost (that's actually pretty cheap billet, typical price is 3500-4200+) and I will say for a fact unless your turning over 10k RPM or are over 1500 horsepower you wasted your money. I'm not bashing, but just because you spend the most doesn't equate to the better part for your set up. I have the capability to turn 9500, currently my heads can't handle it so I shift at 7200. I would be willing to argue from testing I've done personally I paid less, and its just as good "stuff."

And quite frankly I do not see how the price of your crank or how good you think your cars built is relevant to the OP's question.
sorry if you miss understond what i said.. i saying its not cheap.. to go all motor.. you want the good stuff you buy it.. and to say its a waste is your opinion.. but either way a person goes should be what he or she likes.. thats it and thats all.. thats why i stop posting on this board because yall take to everthing personal..
Old 01-04-2010, 09:27 AM
fast64ranchero
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mike castaldo
sorry if you miss understond what i said.. i saying its not cheap.. to go all motor.. you want the good stuff you buy it.. and to say its a waste is your opinion.. but either way a person goes should be what he or she likes.. thats it and thats all.. thats why i stop posting on this board because yall take to everthing personal..
I for one don't want to see you go, I like to hear from anyone that has the parts on a running car, not just the peeps that want the parts, and if you have the money to buy the best parts, then that is added security in my book! Just my 2 cents worth....
Old 01-04-2010, 08:15 PM
macmovieman
2nd Gear Member

What is the going price for a solid supercharger and where do most buy from on the board?
Old 01-04-2010, 11:37 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

lethalperformance is a great option.. many people like brenspeed as well..

i've seen many people getting right around 400rwhp N/A and they tend to be quite a bit faster than S/C 400rwhp people....(often faster than people with 450rwhp) it's more expensive though.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:46 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

Mike , if you notice I'm not exactly active on this forum anymore.I promise you my feelings weren't hurt. The point I was trying to make is just because you pay more for it, doesn't make it right/better for your application. How does your $3k billet do anything different at our power level that my $1k crank? I wouldn't call that my opinion, just plain ol common sense. And I'm not just talking from a cost standpoint, this is one part of the industry that I'm very fluent in.

I think its a given that its expensive which was my other point, you spend the same money just in different ways when it comes to a motor versus blower debate. When it comes to who to buy from I would recommend finding who will be tuning your car before purchasing, makes it easier for both parties in the long run!

Originally Posted by mike castaldo

Last edited by EagleStroker; 01-05-2010 at 12:49 PM.