Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Got my 2010 GT now i have questions.

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 03:23 PM
wetwille3
2nd Gear Member

Default Got my 2010 GT now i have questions.

So happy i finally got my 2010 GT, but a couple of questions.

Once i hit 1000 miles im going to put an intake on maybe tune. But i dont want to void warranty or anything. Will any CAI do that, except frpp, because if i have a problem i dont want the dealership to blame it on the aftermarket intake. (Happened to my friend)
And about a tune. If i return it to stock before i take up to the dealership for a problem i may have will they know i returned it to stock? I dont think the older ones had this problem but i want to make sure. Thanks.
Old 01-03-2010, 07:15 PM
WeinerDog
4th Gear Member

Skip the intake (since it's a '10) but do the tune.

Not sure if the dealer can tell about the removed aftermarket tune, but I had an idle problem on mine (that turned out to be entirely my fault) and returned it to stock before I took it back to the dealer. As part of their fix, they put the latest Ford tune on it, never mentioned if they knew about the aftermarket tune.

Oh, congrats!
Old 01-03-2010, 07:17 PM
Crazy Stallion
1st Gear Member

I too would like to know if they are able to tell that aftermarket tunes have been loaded on it in the past.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:51 PM
bustacrab
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by wetwille3
So happy i finally got my 2010 GT, but a couple of questions.

Once i hit 1000 miles im going to put an intake on maybe tune. But i dont want to void warranty or anything. Will any CAI do that, except frpp, because if i have a problem i dont want the dealership to blame it on the aftermarket intake. (Happened to my friend)
And about a tune. If i return it to stock before i take up to the dealership for a problem i may have will they know i returned it to stock? I dont think the older ones had this problem but i want to make sure. Thanks.
of course they can tell. the only question is whether or not they check the tune... which i don't see any point in unless there's some issue with the car that you're trying to get fixed.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:28 PM
7up
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by wetwillie
And about a tune. If i return it to stock before i take up to the dealership for a problem i may have will they know i returned it to stock? I dont think the older ones had this problem but i want to make sure.
Originally Posted by bustacrab
of course they can tell. the only question is whether or not they check the tune... which i don't see any point in unless there's some issue with the car that you're trying to get fixed.
Really? Even after returning it to stock, the dealer can find 'footprints' of an aftermarket tune having been installed?

Please elaborate, if you can, on how they can tell. (There's at least a couple of us here wondering about this.)

Last edited by 7up; 01-04-2010 at 07:49 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:18 PM
wetwille3
2nd Gear Member

Yes the "footprints" is my main concern. Idk if they can check it in the new ones
Old 01-05-2010, 04:30 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Wusses and warranty intimidation... Ya' gotta love it.

Read thru the stickies in the main 2005-2011 forum. That'll answer 99% of your questions.

The '10 engine is the same as the '05-'09 except the stock tune is tweaked and the intake breathes a tad better for the extra 15 CRANK HP. Adding a tune and CAI will make it equivalent in RWHP to the same on an '05-'09.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:26 PM
7up
2nd Gear Member

Warranty? What?!

Glad that's resolved.

Last edited by 7up; 01-05-2010 at 06:54 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:55 PM
bustacrab
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 7up
Really? Even after returning it to stock, the dealer can find 'footprints' of an aftermarket tune having been installed?

Please elaborate, if you can, on how they can tell. (There's at least a couple of us here wondering about this.)
i wasn't talking foot prints of reflashing back to stock - I meant if you left an aftermarket tune on it then brought it in
Old 01-05-2010, 07:11 PM
7up
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bustacrab
i wasn't talking foot prints of reflashing back to stock - I meant if you left an aftermarket tune on it then brought it in
Thanks for clarifying this.

It wasn't entirely clear from your original post that this is what you meant.

Quick Reply: Got my 2010 GT now i have questions.