Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New Mustang Owner, Couple Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 01:02 PM
Metroshica
2nd Gear Member

Default New Mustang Owner, Couple Questions

]So last week i bought my first mustang, a black 2007 GT with only 13k miles on it. I immediately fell in love with it. Growing up I always loved mustangs, and I remember when they released the 2005 body style while I was in high school, my goal was always to buy one. Well I've realized my dream, and I have a couple questions for those of you who have a little more experience than I do. The GT is mostly stock, though it does have a few visual upgrades. The rims are 20" rims which I wasn't a huge fan of at first, but then after a closer inspection, I noticed they are Carol Shelby rims, which changed my opinion on them quite a bit. I may or may not stay with them, but I was wondering if anyone knows the market value on these, in case I decide to get new rims. The mustang came with an aftermarket spoiler, which isn't too bad, though the carbon fiber sides may be a little too ricey for me, so I'm thinking of getting one of the original spoilers and putting it back on, anyone have an idea where I could get one of those? Also, I love the exhaust, but it could be a little louder. I'm probably going to put some SLP Loudmouths on it, but I was wondering if this affects the warranty. I have a bumper to bumper until July, and a Ford Extended warranty for another 5 years. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with that. I don't think it changes anything, but some input would be highly appreciated. Thank you.
http://yfrog.com/9fimg2535qj
http://yfrog.com/2rimg2536uj

(Some reason I couldn't get the pictures uploaded so I just put the links in, sorry about that)

Last edited by Metroshica; 01-13-2010 at 01:12 PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:12 PM
jasezero
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Metroshica
]So last week i bought my first mustang, a black 2007 GT with only 13k miles on it. I immediately fell in love with it. Growing up I always loved mustangs, and I remember when they released the 2005 body style while I was in high school, my goal was always to buy one. Well I've realized my dream, and I have a couple questions for those of you who have a little more experience than I do. The GT is mostly stock, though it does have a few visual upgrades. The rims are 20" rims which I wasn't a huge fan of at first, but then after a closer inspection, I noticed they are Carol Shelby rims, which changed my opinion on them quite a bit. I may or may not stay with them, but I was wondering if anyone knows the market value on these, in case I decide to get new rims. The mustang came with an aftermarket spoiler, which isn't too bad, though the carbon fiber sides may be a little too ricey for me, so I'm thinking of getting one of the original spoilers and putting it back on, anyone have an idea where I could get one of those? Also, I love the exhaust, but it could be a little louder. I'm probably going to put some SLP Loudmouths on it, but I was wondering if this affects the warranty. I have a bumper to bumper until July, and a Ford Extended warranty for another 5 years. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with that. I don't think it changes anything, but some input would be highly appreciated. Thank you.
http://yfrog.com/9fimg2535qj
(Some reason I couldn't get the pictures uploaded so I just put the links in, sorry about that)
Personally, that spoiler doesn't match the car at all...i'd go with something better looking. No, it shouldn't affect any warranty at all. Rims look good though. Congrats on getting the car you wanted =)
Old 01-13-2010, 03:21 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jasezero
Personally, that spoiler doesn't match the car at all...i'd go with something better looking. No, it shouldn't affect any warranty at all. Rims look good though. Congrats on getting the car you wanted =)
+1

The spoiler doesn't match very well.. looks a little ricer, IMO.. though congrats on your buy and welcome to MF! Those wheels look good..
Old 01-13-2010, 03:49 PM
03gt04mach1
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, LOSE the Spoiler. I could live with the rims, but in my opinion 18s are as high as I'd go. To me I guess, the bigger the wheel, the less you notice the car. Welcome from Atlanta.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:13 PM
brad281
4th Gear Member

Axlebacks don't affect warranty. Remember, that loudmouths are basically only muffler tips, no muffler. Good pickup on the mustang.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:46 PM
2006Boss
1st Gear Member

Im with them...lose the spoiler...wheels are nice..Nice car..welcome
Old 01-13-2010, 04:48 PM
ploe

congrats! yeah i'm not a fan of the spoiler. if you lowered the car a little i think the wheels would look really nice.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:52 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

I'm not a fan of 20's either and think they look like wagon wheels with rubber bands. But it's all a matter of personal taste.

+1 on losing the spoiler. I was going to ask how many channels it picks up...

Now you need a CAI & tune. Wake that baby up!
Old 01-13-2010, 08:08 PM
Metroshica
2nd Gear Member

I don't know about tune, what with warranty and all. I'm pretty set on changing the spoiler, but anyone know where I can get a stock spoiler for not 400 dollars? I saw a site selling stock spoilers that were lightly used, don't know too much about them though. Any ideas?
Old 01-13-2010, 08:10 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

try newtakeoff.com

http://www.newtakeoff.com/mustang_gt...2005-2008.aspx

I just checked.. im that bored.. $99.99

Last edited by alkemist; 01-13-2010 at 08:13 PM.

Quick Reply: New Mustang Owner, Couple Questions