Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

CAI/Tune question

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 10:53 AM
sarlo

Default CAI/Tune question

Ok so I had a gorgeous 05 screaming yellow GT(16k miles! ugh) with SCT tuner(93 octane tune) JLT CAI, and magnaflow exhaust. I got T Boned going straight through a green light

Recently I bought a 2007 GT grabber orange convertible.

Still have the tuner and CAI. Just ordered SLP Loudmouth I exhaust.

My question is is there any difference between what company I get the tune from? I want the 93 octane tune again and I want the most HP out of my tune/mods as I can get. I've heard bamatunes and brent speed are really good just wondering if there are differences between the companies tunes. If so what are they?

Thanks for any input.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:01 AM
sarlo

forgot to add...I don't take my car to the track but I want the HP for daily driving I still like to get on it. And since the convertible is heavier than the coupe I could use a little boost.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:26 PM
gipht1
2nd Gear Member

ive been running a tillman all-out tune for about two weeks and I really dig. the throttle response and a feeling that the power is there when I need it is more pronounced then stock. Bamachips has a great rep but Doug(owner) is extremely busy so U may have to wait for his tune longer then you would from brenspeed,
Old 01-20-2010, 11:33 PM
sarlo

which company does the tillman tune? And is that a 93 octane tune?
Old 01-21-2010, 12:25 AM
Torch Red GT
3rd Gear Member

tillman does the tillman tune, just google tillman mustang
Old 01-21-2010, 12:52 AM
GrayGhost01GT
4th Gear Member

I have the Brenspeed Tunes 87, 91, 93 and I love each one their awesome their customer support is great! Someone is always there ready to help you when ever you have a question! Brent got me my tunes quickly and I have not had a single problem with the tune been running it well over 7 months now! Bamachips is a good place to get tunes from also, but Doug the owner of Bamachips may take a little longer to get you your tunes and the customer support might be lacking! But that is just what i have heard from other guys, I would like to try his tunes but dont want to wait too long! He works by himself I think, where as brenspeed always had employees during business hours and they can help even if it is something simple! You will enjoy any tune that you get over stock so enjoy and let us know how you feel about who ever you decide to go to!
Old 01-21-2010, 08:59 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

First of all, you need to unlock your tuner by returning the old PCM to stock. Otherwise, you need ot get it unlocked another way before you can use it on another PCM.

Brenspeed, Bama, VMP and Tillman are 4 of the "premier" tuners for the forum members. There's not much difference between their tunes overall and they are much better than the canned tunes sold by companies like AM, SCT, DIablo and many other 3rd parties. Many peeps like Brenspeed for their fast and excellent tech support.

The tunes you get are of your choosing and depends on what mods you have and what octane tunes you want.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:18 AM
WeinerDog
4th Gear Member

I have to say I've had both the Bama 93 Race tune and the Tillman AO tune and the Tillman tune is much better. Chris Rose (of Tillman) is a nice guy to deal with, too.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:22 PM
Torch Red GT
3rd Gear Member

whats the difference you noticed betwen the tillman all out tune and bama race tune?
Old 01-21-2010, 01:19 PM
WeinerDog
4th Gear Member

Mainly that the low and mid-range torque feels much stronger and the throttle response is quicker. (The car feels quicker in all part-throttle situations).

Quick Reply: CAI/Tune question