Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

06 kenne bell

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 12:13 PM
TheRage

Default 06 kenne bell

First off, I'm a college student and I have no means of dropping big bucks to trick out my car. Secondly I just restored a totaled 06 Stage 1 roush, so I'm trickin it on a budget. Anyways I work at my family business (Auto Parts yard) and I check every week to see if I can find a supercharger floatin around in our parts locator, I came across a Kenne Bell off an 06 gt for $550 in a junkyard with the air inlet broke in half (easy fix), so I offered $350 for it and they ACCEPTED!!(I kid you not). I am extremely new to the mustang scene and I have no Idea what I need to complete the kit, I already talked to some techs at Kenne bell and they said I would be looking at 4,500 extra to complete it!!! wtf?

This seems way to pricey considering the fact that the supercharger came with the cobra fuel injectors, the fuel rail, and the Intake Manifold and I have a master welder who can fix the little inlet problem.

Can anyone fill me in on what else I need to complete this kit and are their cheaper alternatives, I believe the Intake Manifold came with the intercooler but I really don't need it since I plan on only running at most 500hp, so I really don't care about intercooling it.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:51 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

this will probably work out for you, but you
will want to intercool it. there's nothing
magical or complicated about intercooling, it's
just a simple system which uses liquid and
radiators to cool the air charge.

post pics of what you have in hand.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:33 PM
TheRage

I just went out of town, I will get some pics up on here tuesday.
Old 01-22-2010, 03:27 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

If you can find an intercooler the same way you did the blower you'd be set for the cheapest purchase of a supercharger ever!

500HP will need an intercooler. If you limited to 400 HP (this is at the crank BTW) then you could get away with out it, but I'd still want one anyway if it were me.

You'll also need cooler plugs and a better fuel system. The GT500 pump would be best. I am un-easy about the KB BAP.
Old 01-22-2010, 03:36 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

great, we'll be able to help you better that way.
Old 01-22-2010, 03:44 PM
brad281
4th Gear Member

Wow, great find. I'm a college guy too with two very low paying pt jobs. I have been saving up for a saleen or edlebrock e force for a while now. That's a great find for that price. I can't believe it would cost 4500 to complete the kit though. I'd be searching for the other parts I need and leave the KB retailers alone. Good luck on the build. I wish i could find a used sc that i wanted.
Old 01-22-2010, 03:59 PM
TheRage

Thanks a lot for the help so far guys, and another thing as well, I still check every week to see if anyone in our locator service lists a supercharger for the 4.6, so if I come across any others I will definitely let you guys know.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:03 PM
TheRage

And one more thing to add to the cheapest supercharger every purchased lol. My next door neighbor actually designed the kit and the tune on the Shelby mustangs, so I'm pretty much covered when it comes to a tune.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:42 PM
zkiller
4th Gear Member

Is it a 2.4?

You will prpbably need:
heat exchanger= 300 (AFC))
Bosch IC pump=100
IC hoses=40
coolant=20
BAP=200(?)
injectors=300(?)
belt=30
You can make the CAI froma 4" carbon or fibergalss tube and some clamps and rubber sleaves. (100?)
Old 01-23-2010, 12:24 AM
ChiDiddy
4th Gear Member

since your on a budget, i guess you can scratch the intercooler and keep your hp to about 370-400 rwhp. Anything above that, you need to keep your engine cool. Injectors you can find on CL or mustang forums for 70 bucks seriously.... I think it would cost you MAX 1500 more to complete the kit including intercooler system.

Quick Reply: 06 kenne bell