Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Turbo/supercharged owners

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 06:08 PM
08nastygt
1st Gear Member

Default Turbo/supercharged owners

I am wanting to put a turbo kit on my car. I was wondering what some peoples set up were as far as all the extras like fuel pumps, fuel injectors and whatever else I'll need. The on3 kit doesn't come with any of it. Do you guys think 39lb injectors, GT supercar pumps, HT0 plugs, gauges and a good tune is all I'll need.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:26 PM
solidsnakegt89
1st Gear Member

I got a whole buncha stuff that a buddy and I installed in my car not to long ago. But its a whipple SC not a turbo. But the kit did come with a duel GT500 fuel pump and 39LB/HR fuel injectors. I went and got some brisk silver rancing spark plugs. had to re gap them but man what a difference. Had it dynoed like a month ago, on a stock block the tuner was able to get me a SAFE 497.6 RWHP and 496.3 RWTQ with 13.4 PSI of boost at 6K RPMS I know i was kinda woried about that too. But it has been running good so far and did make 10 passes so far in the 1/4 mile. I got some other mods done too if your intrested to hear how al of them are working together. But if your going turbo might want to ask some other guys on here.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:58 PM
1BADHRSE
1st Gear Member

I am installing a Twin Turbo Garrett setup right now... I have a build thread on another forum but I have a extensive list of parts!!!

I am also "Selling GT500 injectors and Pump" because I have a extra pump and bought 60lb injectors...

BTW... No kit is bolt in, expect fabrication I have had to do alot...
Old 02-10-2010, 12:58 PM
08nastygt
1st Gear Member

How efficient would a stock fuel pump be with a BAP if you can even do that. I really wish I wouldnt have to spend 750 bucks on a fuel pump.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:41 PM
Team STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Thats not true at all. We have a new TWIN turbo kit working with Garrett that is a bolt on and includes the fuel managment as well. The kit can use either the GT28, GT30, or the race set of twin GT35R's. Check out the turbo kit at

http://the-perfect-exposure.blogspot...tang-gt-w.html

System power from 450rwhp to 1600rwhp.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:44 PM
Team STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Also dont spend $700 on a fuel pump. Purchase two Ford GT super car pumps $150 each, a y-block kit $50, and a FPDM wiring upgrade kit for about $60 and that's easily all the fuel you will need to support 550rwhp. run the Cobra injectors if you want to stay at or under 500hp. running injectors much over 85% duty cycle is a problem just waiting to happen. Edelbrock now has the new 41lb injectors which can hanle a bit moer without sacrificing driveability. But the 60lbs injectors work great to about the 650hp range. Over 500 try to upgrade your rails and lines as well just for an extra margin of safety by increasing fuel volume on top of the injectors.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:44 PM
08nastygt
1st Gear Member

Team Stilllen could you give me a run down on how I would go about hooking something like that up? I'm sure its prolly straight forward but just so I'll have something for reference.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:21 PM
1BADHRSE
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Team Stilllen
Thats not true at all. We have a new TWIN turbo kit working with Garrett that is a bolt on and includes the fuel managment as well. The kit can use either the GT28, GT30, or the race set of twin GT35R's. Check out the turbo kit at

http://the-perfect-exposure.blogspot...tang-gt-w.html

System power from 450rwhp to 1600rwhp.
that's the kit I am putting in... Had to move my ecu, my battery, lots of rewiring, power steering, and anti freeze res... I am doing custom intercooler piping and tiggin it all...

The down pipe on the drivers side also had to be messed with alot...
Kit was anything but direct bolt on.. In the pictures Garret just shows it on just the motor no wires out of the car...

I am selling the pump for $150 shipped..
Old 02-11-2010, 10:04 AM
Team STILLEN
Former Sponsor

We've got the intercooler tubing all done bent up by CNC if you're interested. As for moving things.... every blower kit makes you move certain thing like the power steering reservior. Some even more the batttery. That being said, this kit is far superior. The original Garrett kit was plumbed as easily as possible for testing purposes ONLY. We worked directly with Garrett to get the cold side developed. I went with the GT3071R's. Did you stay with the 2871's or upgrade to the 30's??

As for the pump upgrades..... shoot over an email to ericc@stillen.com and I can get you the info.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:07 AM
Team STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Also, both my driver and passenger down pipes fit with mo problems whatsoever. And I am still running full A/C and power everything. I had to lose the washer bottle but I really didnt care. Plus the way we routed it with the piping on top it helps keep the tubing cooler than running it down by the header. Our cold side kit uses all 6061 tubing, 5 ply Hose techniques couplers with stainless t-bolts, a TiAL Sport BOV, and a tube and fin intercooler core with hand welded side tanks for weight and to promote more positive air flow to the radiator. this kit was designed by racers, for racers.

Quick Reply: Turbo/supercharged owners