Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Finally Tillman tuned

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 08:25 AM
branman1
2nd Gear Member

Default Finally Tillman tuned

Ok so I am finally tuned. I pulled the trigger on an sct x3 tuner from tillman speed. I called there a few days ago asking about getting a tune done and I talked to Chris which handles all that. I spent about 30 minutes on the phone with him just asking a few questions and throwing out some ideas about future upgrades. Chris is a super cool guy, not once did he sound like he wanted to get off the phone in a hurry he took the time to explain and answer any questions i had. So I went there on Monday since they are local. He walked out and got the info he needed from my car and about 45 minutes later I was on my way home. I had him load me up with a 87/89 performance, 93 road race, and of course the 93 all out tune. It was snowing when I left otherwise I would have loaded the tune right in the parking lot. I loaded the tune after work yesterday and first impressions are awesome. The throttle response is awesome, now I can actually pass on the highway in 5th with ease and without mashing the pedal. I have not really done a full pull on the street as its really cold here and traction is a huge problem now lol. Driveability is awesome, the car drives like stock which is very important to me since its my DD. All in all im very happy with the tillman experience and cannot wait for some warmer weather so I can really open her up and get some track passes in. This was money well spent. If your thinking about getting a tune, I say go for it you will not be dissapointed.

Last edited by branman1; 02-17-2010 at 09:50 AM.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:51 AM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

I think this is my next mod after I get the suspension and body pieces finished... That'll give me a little "go" to go with the "show" and "handling" mods. Wat did everything run you because it looks like you have (4) tunes and I thought they gave (3).
Old 02-17-2010, 09:08 AM
GrayGhost01GT
4th Gear Member

Ive heard really good things about Tillman, I think Im going to try their 93 all out tune, to see if theres any difference between them and my brenspeed tunes!
Old 02-17-2010, 09:49 AM
branman1
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by wilkinda
I think this is my next mod after I get the suspension and body pieces finished... That'll give me a little "go" to go with the "show" and "handling" mods. Wat did everything run you because it looks like you have (4) tunes and I thought they gave (3).
I only have 3 tunes. The 87/89 performance is one tune actually. I put this on there just in case i have to get crappy gas I should be covered with this file. The tuner ran me $379.99. I did not have to pay tax since he put it in the computer like an internet order so that was very cool of him.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:53 AM
branman1
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by GrayGhost01GT
Ive heard really good things about Tillman, I think Im going to try their 93 all out tune, to see if theres any difference between them and my brenspeed tunes!
Yeah i have heard nothing but great things about tillman thats why I went with them. It is also a plus that they are local. My buddy has tried both tunes from brenspeed and tillman. He stuck with tillman if that helps any. I dont have any real data from him to see a difference he just said he likes it alot better. He has an automatic and said the tillman tune has better shift patterns and the power feels better as well.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:45 PM
gipht1
2nd Gear Member

I don't know how CR does it! He has tons of work and when you talk to him he gives you his time without a problem. I actually spent 10 mins or so talking about gears with him today and how darn snowy it's up there. The All-out tune rocks, only bad thing about it is that you won't scale back to the lesser optimized tunes
Old 02-17-2010, 09:58 PM
CR@TillmanSpeed

Thanks guys! My customers are the best!
Old 02-17-2010, 10:27 PM
ARacing1

+1 Glad I ended up going with the Tillman 93 All Out Tune, Huge difference!
Old 02-18-2010, 01:12 AM
Ato
4th Gear Member

I've had a Tillman Tune on my car for about a year and have nothing but good things to say about it and like the OP said CR is a great at what he does and always makes time to help out customers. That reminds me, I have to give him a call to get an emissions friendly tune by the end of march.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:26 AM
WeinerDog
4th Gear Member

Yep, I've had the AO tune for about 6 months now. Like a different car...just fantastic.

Thanks to Chris!

Quick Reply: Finally Tillman tuned