Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

what tunes are people using

Old 07-29-2005, 06:18 PM
DAVE05GT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: what tunes are people using

ORIGINAL: momustang

ORIGINAL: DAVE05GT

I didn't know BBK had a TB spacer out for the 05. I was referring to the Jet TB spacer and it will fit (somewhat snuggly) with the C&L. I'd like to see some people do some dyno pulls with one first before I place my order though.
I saw the ad for it in the last issue of MM&FF, but I just checked bbk's website, and it's not listed.
?
I havn't seen this one for sale yet either but BBK's website has a section on new product news, if it's not there then I would bet they don't have one for the 05's.
Old 07-29-2005, 07:05 PM
The Ghost
3rd Gear Member

I just installed the C&L intake with a Excalibrator tune from Brenspeed. Without having anything else to use as a baseline for the tune I will say that i am very happy with it. Excalibrator is also going to be supplying free software over the net next month to allow end user adjustment. For now I can get Brenspeed to E-mail me files that have whatever change I might want. Since it's new I don't have a reason for change yet. But most of us know you can never have too much of a good thing.
Old 07-30-2005, 09:59 AM
1fast05GT
3rd Gear Member

Predator 93 oct tune. Not very impressed with it.
Old 07-30-2005, 11:24 AM
bahbahblacksheep
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 1fast05GT

Time for a custom tune? I know in my case, canned tunes were not working very well at all. I was pinging like crazy even with an 87 tune. It turns out my secondary spark sources were way off. Props to Paul at Steeda for datalogging my car and fixing the issue with a custom tune!
Old 07-30-2005, 06:02 PM
1fast05GT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bahbahblacksheep

ORIGINAL: 1fast05GT

Time for a custom tune? I know in my case, canned tunes were not working very well at all. I was pinging like crazy even with an 87 tune. It turns out my secondary spark sources were way off. Props to Paul at Steeda for datalogging my car and fixing the issue with a custom tune!
i'll play with mine a little bit before I go the custom tune way but that might be the answer.
Old 07-30-2005, 06:41 PM
DAVE05GT
2nd Gear Member

Hey 1Fast, what are your concerns with the 93 octane tune, I've played with mine and fixed most of the issues with it. Is there a flat spot, hesitation, or just not the power you were expecting?
Old 07-30-2005, 08:48 PM
bdtank

DAVE05- I just put on the exact same configuration this weekend as described in your sig. Please excuse me if this is a dumb quesion..I'm a bit of a newbie to all this tuning stuff..Do you have both the Diablo performance tune and the C&L tune installed? I'm curious to know if multiple tunes overlay each other.
Old 07-30-2005, 10:56 PM
DAVE05GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bdtank

DAVE05- I just put on the exact same configuration this weekend as described in your sig. Please excuse me if this is a dumb quesion..I'm a bit of a newbie to all this tuning stuff..Do you have both the Diablo performance tune and the C&L tune installed? I'm curious to know if multiple tunes overlay each other.
What do you mean exact same configuration, C&L/Predator/x-pipe/SLP's? If so I found I had to make some adjustments due to the x-pipe and SLP's.

You can only have one tune in your car at a time but you can adjust the parameters of that tune. I have a CL7140 Pradator ( it boots up and has the C&L logo) so I have the latest revision of that and some custom adjustments that I needed to make. If you have a U7140 Predator then you should download the latest C&L tune (if thats the intake you have) for that Predator. The U7140 boots up with Diablo Sport or something and comes with 3 tunes for either 87/91/93 octanes, but if you have an intake you need to get the tune for that specific intake. Sometimes if got your U7140 Predator in a Package with an intake the retailer already has the tune for the intake in there and it should say C&L MAF or Steeda CAI under the Performace tune menu.

Hope this helps
Dave
Old 07-30-2005, 11:56 PM
1fast05GT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DAVE05GT

Hey 1Fast, what are your concerns with the 93 octane tune, I've played with mine and fixed most of the issues with it. Is there a flat spot, hesitation, or just not the power you were expecting?
Dave, the performance, not what I expected and it seems to ping a bit. I still don't have a CAI, so I just got the predator with the diablo sport tunes, 87,91 and 93. Before I got the predator I took the car to the track 1/8 mile bone stock with 87 octane fuel (1/4 tank) and ran very consistent 9.0s at around 79.5 to 79.75 MPH. 60 ft times with stock tires at 2.1 (suck). I went to the track 2 more times with the 93 octane loaded and 93 octane fuel (1/4 tank) and the best I did was 8.98 at 79.48 MPH, 60 ft 2.078. I know the temperature and humidity etc, play a role but I expected to shave more than .02 of the ET with the 93 octane tune. What gives?
Old 07-31-2005, 12:19 AM
bahbahblacksheep
2nd Gear Member

hmmmmm...your predator tune is adding timing but if you're pinging, then the knock sensors are pulling back timing and its kinda counter productive if you know what I mean.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: what tunes are people using