Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

what tunes are people using

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 10:33 PM
Vidgomd
2nd Gear Member

Default what tunes are people using

i have a pred with a c&L i have the 93 octane and c&l tune installed..
anyone else have any suggestions?
Old 07-27-2005, 12:16 AM
momustang
1st Gear Member

Default RE: what tunes are people using

I'm using the same and MAN THAT THING ROCKS, especially on WOT!

Down the road at some point though, after I've completed some more modding, I'll probably ditch it and go with a custom tune with an XCal from a local Mustang shop.

~Mo
Old 07-27-2005, 10:51 AM
bahbahblacksheep
2nd Gear Member

Steeda Custom 94 octane tune
Old 07-27-2005, 01:40 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

I'm still with the unwelcoming support from my wife trying to save money for this C/L and tuner. Hopefully by November or Christmas I will have these. Then I can really super trashed any Honda with those garbage can mufflers sticking out the back!
Old 07-27-2005, 04:51 PM
bahbahblacksheep
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Daniel60

I'm still with the unwelcoming support from my wife trying to save money for this C/L and tuner. Hopefully by November or Christmas I will have these. Then I can really super trashed any Honda with those garbage can mufflers sticking out the back!
no need to wait till you get the C/L, you can super trash almost all hondas now!
Old 07-28-2005, 10:41 AM
DAVE05GT
2nd Gear Member

I'm using the 93 octane for the CL7140 Predator version r22. I've made some minor timing adjustments to alleviate some top end pinging and increased the MAF curve and a few other minor adjustments (tune performance declined after installing x-pipe and SLP's). Still not where I want it, waiting to see if the TB spacer is producing snappier throttle response and if so that should do it......until the next mod.
Old 07-28-2005, 04:05 PM
momustang
1st Gear Member

Hey Dave,

What TB spacer are you going with? The BBK one? If so, I assume the C&L fits ok?

Also, has anyone ordered from machperformanceparts.com? I ordered the SLP loudmouths from them a week ago and they still haven't shipped them. I even called immediately before I placed the order to make sure they had them in stock and ready to ship. They're a banger to call too.. always get voicemail.

~Mo
Old 07-29-2005, 03:17 AM
gloryboy
2nd Gear Member

Hey Mo
I ordered a predator tuner from them a few weeks ago. Took a week for them to ship it. They had a good price and included the pc kit. It arrived two weeks from when i ordered it. I did receive email notifications regarding the shipping and transaction was smooth, just took about a week for it to ship.
Mike
Old 07-29-2005, 03:53 AM
DAVE05GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: momustang

Hey Dave,

What TB spacer are you going with? The BBK one? If so, I assume the C&L fits ok?

~Mo
I didn't know BBK had a TB spacer out for the 05. I was referring to the Jet TB spacer and it will fit (somewhat snuggly) with the C&L. I'd like to see some people do some dyno pulls with one first before I place my order though.

Old 07-29-2005, 10:19 AM
momustang
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DAVE05GT

I didn't know BBK had a TB spacer out for the 05. I was referring to the Jet TB spacer and it will fit (somewhat snuggly) with the C&L. I'd like to see some people do some dyno pulls with one first before I place my order though.
I saw the ad for it in the last issue of MM&FF, but I just checked bbk's website, and it's not listed.
?

I'll let my 05 by the lab rat if anyone wants to front the dyno$$ !! LOL

Quick Reply: what tunes are people using