Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

SHOULD HAVE KNOW BETTER THEN TO TRUST THE SERVICE REP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 10:03 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

Angry SHOULD HAVE KNOW BETTER THEN TO TRUST THE SERVICE REP!!!

So... Sorry need to vent... W T F!

Ok, so I'm doing my cams. Got the comp Stage 2 XFI blower cams (springs and phasers required.) Decide to take the project on myself, ordered all my tools, find out the spring compressor is on backorder for a month.....Crap

Hey, I know, I'll visit my local ford dealer, I have a in with the service manager since the last time he sent my car away blaming my add-ons, when in actuality it was the COPs.

Me:
Hey, do you guys have the 3 VALVE spring compressor tool.

Service manager:
Yeah, you need to borrow it?

Me:
Yeah, that would be sweet, I ordered one but its on backorder, can I take it over the weekend?

Service manager:
Thats perfect.

Go there today:

Service manager:
Your here for that tool?

Me:
Yep

Service manager comes back with what is clearly the old tool for th 2valve motors...

Me:
Isn't this the tool for the old motor?

Service manager:
Nope, this is the one you need.

Me:
Theres a new one for the 3valve though, its got a narrow head and wider fingers.

Service manager:
No, this is the one Ford says to use, its what we use.

Me:
So you have used this before?

Service Manager:
Yeah, we do it all the time.

Me:
Alright then, thanks, I'll see you Monday.

Now otherwise a great thing for them to do. That is if he wasn't COMPLETELY WRONG. I get my covers off, painting them so at least not a total waste. But theres 2 problems with the old tool. The piece that contacts the spring is to wide to fit properly on the spring without being crooked and does not fit around where the spark plug chamber is. Also, the fingers are not wide enough to to fit around the lobes of the cams. I'm not gonna pry against the lobes of any cams intend on using again...

I mean I really appreciate what they are trying to do for me but come on... so much wasted time. If it were my tool, i would be grinding it to make it work, but I cant do that with there tool, so unless someone knows something I don't, I'm dead in the water and screwed by Ford.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:16 PM
motorman524
MF Informant

Originally Posted by JDWalton
screwed by Ford.
Riiight. Damned Ford...

Sounds like your dealer needs a new service manager.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:21 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

Ok well clearly not blaming Ford HQ for this one, but dam, cant a guy even vent without getting nit picked! Screwed by my local ford dealers service manager... More correct of a statment, but more long winded a title then need be to convay my anger....
Old 02-19-2010, 10:28 PM
motorman524
MF Informant

Actually there are the same amount of words in either title. So yes, the second one would make more sense you *****.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:34 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

dude who took a dump in your Cheerios today? I don't understand why your so upset, I mean I came in here to vent but now I kind of feel sorry for you. Didnt mean any offense to you.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:52 PM
motorman524
MF Informant

Well, I'm not upset in the least bit. I just made a statement on a thread. Then you came back with some doughebaggery.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:57 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

I pointed out that you had a point and I could have worded it diffrent myself. Do you usualy call people ****** and douchebags when they agree with you?
Old 02-19-2010, 11:01 PM
motorman524
MF Informant

Did you even read your post? This is clearly not worth arguing about...
Old 02-19-2010, 11:39 PM
rojizostang
2nd Gear Member

OP, there are a few guys that use the old tool on the 3v's and make it work. they've modified them in some fashion. now i haven't seen one after it was modified, but i would think that a little grinding in the appropriate places would allow you to use the 2v tool.

in any event, i have a 3v spring compressor and chain wedge that i've shipped pretty much all over the united states for guys to use.

i don't hang around this forum much, but if you're interested in using the tools, pm me.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:46 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rojizostang
OP, there are a few guys that use the old tool on the 3v's and make it work. they've modified them in some fashion. now i haven't seen one after it was modified, but i would think that a little grinding in the appropriate places would allow you to use the 2v tool.

in any event, i have a 3v spring compressor and chain wedge that i've shipped pretty much all over the united states for guys to use.

i don't hang around this forum much, but if you're interested in using the tools, pm me.

Well thank you very much! Yeah, If it were mine I could make it work, but think ford would be pissed if I brought this one back to them all ground down. Lol. Where are you out of and do you currently have your tool or are they still with another person? Reason I ask is I am just going to keep mine I have placed on backorder but if we can work something with shipping back and forth for a weekends use, it would be much appreciated. Again, thanks for at least understanding!

Quick Reply: SHOULD HAVE KNOW BETTER THEN TO TRUST THE SERVICE REP!!!