Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Looking to get a drive shaft

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 06:47 PM
Lax07
2nd Gear Member

Default Looking to get a drive shaft

I soon will be adding my roush off road exhaust onto my car. I really am happy with roush products. Another reason I like their products is my dealer has a warranty for life of the car on the engine. This is important to me especially right now. I was looking and saw roush has a one piece lightweight drive shaft. It's 26lbs compared to the stock one which is what 38+lbs? First does anyone have this drive shaft and second should I have any problems with vibrations? Do you think I will a notice more get up and go since it will free up rotational mass?

Also do you guys think that the roush off road exhaust and roush x pipe (it is cheaper than the FRPP x pipe) will be to loud?

Last edited by Lax07; 03-01-2010 at 07:12 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:43 PM
dominant1
3rd Gear Member

The shaft masters d/s only weighs 16.6lbs costs less, and has a money back guarantee. Also the shipping is free....Roush makes good products but they don't have the best bang for the buck...

stock d/s

shaft masters d/s

Last edited by dominant1; 03-01-2010 at 08:49 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:50 PM
Lax07
2nd Gear Member

yes but I doubt the shaft masters will be covered under the warranty. I am going to go into the dealer and talk to them about this. If I can get them to install it but use that it would be great... But I doubt they will let me... So I will most likely have to stick with my plan... Its worth to pay a little extra to keep an engine for life guarantee.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:55 PM
dominant1
3rd Gear Member

How long is your car warranty because if its just 3 years i don't see your point, but if its extended i see your point...have you done any mods yet?
Old 03-01-2010, 08:55 PM
Crazy Stallion
1st Gear Member

Lax07, are you talking about Apple Ford? Have you installed any mods yet, and if so, have they cared about them warranty wise?

Last edited by Crazy Stallion; 03-01-2010 at 08:58 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:01 PM
Lax07
2nd Gear Member

yes I am talking about Apple Ford. It is an extended warranty... It is a warranty for LIFE of the car on the engine. I can modify the car but only if they install the parts. I get free oil changes for life, free tire rotations for life, free car washes for life (which their car wash sucks so I don't use it), and engine is guaranteed for life. They are registered roush dealership and will install roush and FRPP parts. Thats why I really only will look at FRPP and Roush.

I have not modified my car yet. The guy who is in charge of the roush parts there is very cool. I will be getting my roush exhaust and x-pipe (assuming it won't be too loud which I am worried about) there very soon. I will also get the roush 435hp installed (I don't need 500+hp, I may change my mind if I keeping reading posts on this forum though).
Old 03-01-2010, 09:23 PM
Adam
4th Gear Member

How can they possibly warranty the engine for LIFE? That must have a ton of stipulations.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:25 PM
Blair
2nd Gear Member

The x pipe definitely will change the sound of the exhaust. It will be a bit louder, but it won't increase drone. The biggest difference is that it changes the way the car sounds. The H pipe sounds like an old school muscle car... burbly and deep. Think old school Chevelle. The x pipe sounds more race/sports car like, more modern... more raspy, less deep and a little buzz saw like. Think Infiniti g35 coupe.

I have an x pipe with high flow cats. And I am getting pretty close to swapping it out for an h pipe to get the sound back.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:56 PM
VA Raptor

I don't see why the driveshaft would effect an engine warranty or is the warranty for the entire drivetrain?
Old 03-01-2010, 10:16 PM
Lax07
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blair
Think Infiniti g35 coupe.
Thats very easy for me because I had a G35 before this ha... I loved the sound of that car, but I don't know if I would want that sound in a muscle car. Do you think that car would be ridiculously loud though? I found this video on utube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVFJakL4LPk

Hopefully not that loud?

The engine warranty for life is based on the fact you get oil changes there every time (thats why they are free). All service on the engine is done there (except tires). So yes if you include all of that you could easily loose the warranty with messing up somewhere along the way.

Another thing I want to do is supercharge this car... Will these other DS's be able to handle that kind of power? I know the roush can

Quick Reply: Looking to get a drive shaft