Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Cheapest supercharger?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 02:27 PM
NDN GQ
2nd Gear Member

A little off topic but what is the average cost of the blower kit, install and tune for those of you who have systems and didnt do the install yourself?
Old 03-03-2010, 06:23 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by dysan
That whine is awsome...I wish the edelbrock made that sound since I'm probably going with that blower in a few months.
lol forget the whine.. the edlebrocks design is top notch.

If I could afford it, I'd totally grab one of those E-force staged kits.. run 11s all day!
Old 03-03-2010, 09:06 PM
brad281
4th Gear Member

^ I'm with you. i like the kit and number people are making, but the cost over a saleen kit is a little up there. I'm still sitting on the fence between these two and a possible aluminator.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:17 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by brad281
^ I'm with you. i like the kit and number people are making, but the cost over a saleen kit is a little up there. I'm still sitting on the fence between these two and a possible aluminator.
what appeals to me about them most is that they are "one piece" kits(sits right on top of the motor, not too many external piping going on), though the centris look cool too because of the belt driven "turbo" look.

They are pricey, but from what I hear- the warrantys along with them are very nice also.

Old 03-04-2010, 12:19 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by NDN GQ
A little off topic but what is the average cost of the blower kit, install and tune for those of you who have systems and didnt do the install yourself?
I'd guess around $8k if it's a twin screw type and about $6,500 if one of the centris.

You could always do the install yourself and run a canned tune. save a whole lot of money...
Old 03-08-2010, 02:57 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Holy Stromboli!

Check it out..

http://www.stage3motorsports.com/pro...&utm_campaign=

Last edited by stealth_GT; 03-08-2010 at 03:08 AM.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:35 AM
MadMoose
2nd Gear Member

looks like that doesnt have a fuel pump, injectors, plugs or a tune?
would be good if you wanted to piece a kit together though

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
Old 03-08-2010, 12:04 PM
BRENSPEED
Former Sponsor

Our V3 non H.O and the Throw Paxton Novi 1200 retail for $3899. There are other deductions like tuner credit ($200), cash/check credit ($100), and install credit ($100) allowing you to take an additional $400 off the kit bringing it in at $3499. Install on the V3 non HO and the Paxton Novi 1200 is only $650. During your install, you can relax comfortably in our guest house for free complete with cable, internet, and an office.

Old 03-08-2010, 01:07 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MadMoose
looks like that doesnt have a fuel pump, injectors, plugs or a tune?
would be good if you wanted to piece a kit together though
who needs all that if someone only wants about 400whp??

jk

Could always get the boost a pump and other stuff later. Get a tune for now and run low boost. That head unit is the heart of the kit and it's a killer deal for a blower like that...
Old 03-08-2010, 04:59 PM
Chris D
1st Gear Member

I just purchased and installed a MagnaCharger on my 06 GT. Including freight, it cost $3,949 from J&M/Hot Parts and is INTERCOOLED! That was one of the main reasons I purchased it. I then purchased a set of Brisk spark plugs and KB Boost-A-Pump from Brenspeed which totaled $366. Install of everything incluing an oil change labor (I purchased the oil and filter) was $927. Then I contacted Tillman Speed for a tune which included data logging of various throttle levels and tune refinement afterwards. That costs me $150. Total out of pocket was $5,392, which is cheaper than most twin screws without install cost. The only thing that I didn't get was a dyno tune because the tuner at the local speed shop has been out of town for several weeks. Therefore, I don't know exactly what she is putting down at the rear wheels, but Chris Rose at Tillman estimates 475 RWHP with my previously installed mods (Comp Cams XFI Stage 2 NSR cams, Steeda CAI, JBA Cat4Ward headers and 4.10's). She is a rocket ship now.....I'm completely satisfied and confident that the high heat and humidity on the Gulf Coast where I live will not affect HP in the summer months since it's intercooled.

Quick Reply: Cheapest supercharger?