Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Got my new 05 GT and have some questions!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 03:15 PM
Dragonscales

Default Got my new 05 GT and have some questions!

Hey guys, just got my 05 Windveil Blue GT last week and I absolutely love it! It's right here!

On to the questions. I have noticed a sound like air being released from the front right tire area. Is this normal? Only other way I can describe it is "pressure being released".

And today when I turned on my car I also noticed a sound like a quick pressure release of air that seemed to happen all the way to work. It was coming from the front of the car and would happen every minute or so. Not sure what it could be =/

Anyway, I have read these forums for a while now and decided to finally sign up. I plan on putting Loudmouths on it relatively soon to give it a louder sound!
Old 07-28-2005, 03:44 PM
WLDFILY

Default RE: Got my new 05 GT and have some questions!

I also have a Windveil Blue Gt & love it very much. The noise you hear is NOT normal, take it back to the dealer & have it checked out. I also put on SLP Loudmouths ( Super Loud Pony) & they sound great, she is in hte shop right now getting a Boss 429 hod scoop put on & MRT Louvers put on, she is going to look Soooooo bad!!!! I can't wait till this afternoon to pick her up. Well get that problem looked at right away. Also when you wash her check out the inside around the quarter windows, mine leak, just thougt I would pass that along. Also with your Shaker system.... put three or four cd's in and see what happens, if it starts to skip, take it back to the dealer & get it replaced.

Congradulations on your new Pony
Old 07-28-2005, 03:53 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Could the sound you are hearing possibly be the AC compressor?
Old 07-28-2005, 03:56 PM
Dragonscales

It could very well be. I am going to have my friend look at it in just a minute (on break at work)...he does a lot of work on cars so we will see.

Thanks for the feedback so far, pending what he says otherwise I might take it in today.
Old 07-28-2005, 04:40 PM
Dragonscales

Well I just ran some tests in the parking lot. The clicking I hear is coming from my AC compressor. When the AC is turned on there is a click and while it stays on the clicking continues. Once it's shut off it doesn't click anymore. Kinda weird on the piping on the driver side of the car under the hood the 2 pipes there...when it clicks there is a noticeable pulse through the piping there. Strange indeed.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:08 PM
Mr. Meany
1st Gear Member

Could also be the TRK-A airbrake issue sI guess
LOL

Yeah - AC will click, hiss and leak H20
Old 08-01-2005, 02:22 PM
Dragonscales

So I took it in and they said it was nothing at all. Go figure, but it doesn't seem to do it as often now but it still does every now and then. They said the clicking was normal for the ac compressor but I didn't think it should be that loud normally...who knows.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:22 PM
fragstertx
1st Gear Member

I hear the clicking through the center dash area, about where the a/c controls are. Was driving me crazy until I realized what it was. It does seem to cycle a lot more quickly than any other car I've had (or at least noticed before) but as long as it's blowing cold, I guess it's nothing to worry about.

I don't think I've ever been standing outside my ride when it was running so I don't know how loud it is outside the car.