Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Supercharging a 07 GT - what gear ration ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 09:08 PM
jjbratka75

Default 4.10 GEARS JUST INSTALLED NEED HELP

Hi,
I just resgistered here.

I had a couple questions.
2006 mustang GT auto. k & n intake, 4.10 gears just installed. tuned with diablo trinity. the care is now shifting harder and more aggressively which i guess is normal. 2nd gear however seems like it nedds a little bit more because its not as aggressive as the other shifts. When I start the care up it tends to slow down like it wants to stall then pick up the rpm to about 650 idle unless i give it gas when i ignite it i get a better start. I changed the spark gap to -.1 and that helped a little bit. My shift points are at 5800 for gears 2 and 3 and 5900 for gears 4 and 5. When i keep it at 2000 rpm it shifts fine and when i get on it hard its awsome except for 2nd gear. I have never really done any of this and wasnt sure what the problems if any are. it could just be that going from a stock auto with 3.30 gears or whatever they were to 4.10 gears is going to feel and sound alot different but normal. I have a small humming noise when coasting along or driving but its not bad and very very low so i dont believe thats a problem. any ideas or info would be very appreciated as i wanted some other opinions before i go back to the guy who installed the gears.

thanks!
Old 05-23-2010, 09:36 PM
bigstick
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Elspa
it's just an ad-hoc event on a deserted airfield, nothing organized.

something like drag wars....it's still fun, never heard of anyone being hurt in 10 years since I go to such weekends...

but you're right: never do this at home, go to a proper drag race strip.

unfortunatly here in europe there aren't so many......
Hey Elspa...what part of Romania are you from? My wife is bulgarian and we spend quite a bit of time there in the summer. In fact, we'll be back in a few weeks and we're planning on taking a drive through Russe to Bucharest. Do you have any idea how long the wait is at the border?

Thanks
Old 05-24-2010, 12:53 AM
Elspa
1st Gear Member

you''ll get from Russe to Bucharest in about 1-2 hours...the wait is about 15 minutes..
I live in Bucharest. You'll see Romania is great, especially the part with the monasteries and Transylvania.