Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

2006 GT owners with SCT X3 Brenspeed tunes. PLEASE READ NEED HELP BAD!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 11:32 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Exclamation 2006 GT owners with SCT X3 Brenspeed tunes. PLEASE READ NEED HELP BAD!

I need some REAL HELP.

My brother was here yesterday as I had my tuner hooked up to the car and I know this sounds stupid but I went inside to get a drink and when I got back I found him fiddling with the tuner.

Needless to say I was MAD.
What's more.. the screen was on the adjust settings menu and I think he may have changed some things!
In fact.. he had gotten to the Spark Settings it looks like for sure because that was the menu it was on (showing the settings)
I yelled at him and he hit a button and of COURSE I don't know if it was save or cancel. Also I don't know if he got the chance to change any other of the settings BEFORE he got to the spark settings.

This guy is over 25 yrs old and should have known better than to fiddle with stuff you do not know about.

Anyways.
I went through my gear ratio and revolutions and they were fine.

But the first settings on there are the spark settings.
Now... I called Brenspeed and the guy that works with the tunes and has tunes on file is gone until wednesday. From what I gather though...the settings should be the SAME for all octane programs. (Not saying all cars.. I don't know that for sure)

However... The thing I don't know.... is if the spark settings etc. are the same for every 2006 Mustang GT they program... if they are.. then I can tell if he changed them by asking here.

Another thing.... if somone changes lets say the spark settings on the 91 oct tune... will that change go into effect on the tuner for ALL the OTHER octane levels?... or would it ONLY take effect for that level octane tune in the tuner?

If it would ONLY affect THAT specific octane tune that was changed... then If ALL of my settings were the same with every octane.. that would mean that he did not change anything correct? (Using logic.)

Another reason I am suspicious is that when I plug the tuner in... after you hit "program tune" and go to "custom tune" I get three choices...
They say "keep previous options", "change options" and "skip options"

I watched the Brenspeed video on installing a tune for the first time and in their video there are only two choices which are "change options" and "skip options".
Me having the extra choice of "keep previous options" makes me wonder if someone (my brother) changed something.

For the heck of it... I am going to list my options execpt for the gear ratio and revs because those was fine. I am doing this so that IF the options for the other settings are supposed to be the same for all 06GTs regardless of how you car was modded BEFORE you recieved the tune.... then these setttings should be the same for you other guys and you can confirm them with me. THAT is of course IF they are supposed to be the same in all vehicle tunes. Here they go...

Global Spark -14 degrees
Spark 0-2000 -10 degrees
Spark 2000-4000 -0 degrees
Spark 4000-8000 -0 degrees
WOT/AIR FUEL 0.0 richer
Rev limit DRV 6800
Rev limit NUE 6800
Idle speed DRV 850
Idle speed NUE 850
Low Speed Fan 196 deg F
High Speed Fan 210 deg F

If someone can help me with these answers I would GREATLY appreciate it. Again I am not even sure these settings are the same on everyones tune. I am hoping they are though for the sake of me being able to find out if he changed them.

Again I am in a bad situation and I thank you for your help
Old 03-27-2010, 02:59 PM
tdbrown75
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by iluvmycar
I need some REAL HELP.

My brother was here yesterday as I had my tuner hooked up to the car and I know this sounds stupid but I went inside to get a drink and when I got back I found him fiddling with the tuner.

Needless to say I was MAD.
What's more.. the screen was on the adjust settings menu and I think he may have changed some things!
In fact.. he had gotten to the Spark Settings it looks like for sure because that was the menu it was on (showing the settings)
I yelled at him and he hit a button and of COURSE I don't know if it was save or cancel. Also I don't know if he got the chance to change any other of the settings BEFORE he got to the spark settings.

This guy is over 25 yrs old and should have known better than to fiddle with stuff you do not know about.

Anyways.
I went through my gear ratio and revolutions and they were fine.

But the first settings on there are the spark settings.
Now... I called Brenspeed and the guy that works with the tunes and has tunes on file is gone until wednesday. From what I gather though...the settings should be the SAME for all octane programs. (Not saying all cars.. I don't know that for sure)

However... The thing I don't know.... is if the spark settings etc. are the same for every 2006 Mustang GT they program... if they are.. then I can tell if he changed them by asking here.

Another thing.... if somone changes lets say the spark settings on the 91 oct tune... will that change go into effect on the tuner for ALL the OTHER octane levels?... or would it ONLY take effect for that level octane tune in the tuner?

If it would ONLY affect THAT specific octane tune that was changed... then If ALL of my settings were the same with every octane.. that would mean that he did not change anything correct? (Using logic.)

Another reason I am suspicious is that when I plug the tuner in... after you hit "program tune" and go to "custom tune" I get three choices...
They say "keep previous options", "change options" and "skip options"

I watched the Brenspeed video on installing a tune for the first time and in their video there are only two choices which are "change options" and "skip options".
Me having the extra choice of "keep previous options" makes me wonder if someone (my brother) changed something.

For the heck of it... I am going to list my options execpt for the gear ratio and revs because those was fine. I am doing this so that IF the options for the other settings are supposed to be the same for all 06GTs regardless of how you car was modded BEFORE you recieved the tune.... then these setttings should be the same for you other guys and you can confirm them with me. THAT is of course IF they are supposed to be the same in all vehicle tunes. Here they go...

Global Spark -14 degrees
Spark 0-2000 -10 degrees
Spark 2000-4000 -0 degrees
Spark 4000-8000 -0 degrees
WOT/AIR FUEL 0.0 richer
Rev limit DRV 6800
Rev limit NUE 6800
Idle speed DRV 850
Idle speed NUE 850
Low Speed Fan 196 deg F
High Speed Fan 210 deg F

If someone can help me with these answers I would GREATLY appreciate it. Again I am not even sure these settings are the same on everyones tune. I am hoping they are though for the sake of me being able to find out if he changed them.

Again I am in a bad situation and I thank you for your help

Just reload the tune, it'll wipe out any custom options selected on the previous load (if he even loaded them after fiddling with it). Those settings do not make adjustments real time, they need to be loaded into the PCM.

Tim
Old 03-27-2010, 07:20 PM
S197winstang
3rd Gear Member

^^^+1
Old 03-27-2010, 11:12 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Every time I have reloaded my tune, I get the "keep previous options" question. If you hit cancel, it will use the tune's settings, otherwise it will apply any previous optional parameters made by the user. So I think you want to hit cancel to that question.
Old 03-28-2010, 12:54 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Originally Posted by tdbrown75
Just reload the tune, it'll wipe out any custom options selected on the previous load (if he even loaded them after fiddling with it). Those settings do not make adjustments real time, they need to be loaded into the PCM.

Tim

So what you are saying is that if he changed the customs tunes settings before loading the tune... it does not SAVE onto the tuner... it just sends the changed settings of the tune straight to the car... but the custom tune by brenspeed goes back to THIER settings.?

I was worried I was going to have to call Brenspeed later on and get a NEW 91 octane tune for the tuner since he messed with it.
But that is not the case correct?
Old 03-28-2010, 02:48 PM
Cusp
2nd Gear Member

On that tuner, the settings you see for timing and such are not the absolute numbers but the relative numbers. Relative to what is in the tune. To use the tune's default settings, those need to be zero. +1 on when you load the tune being asked to use your custome settings or not. Just say no and load in the tune as is. I noticed that when I loaded in an emailed tune, All my custome settings were erased. Odd I Thought but ok. The only ones I had changed were tire revs and fan temps. All the rest are the defaults.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:02 PM
tdbrown75
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by iluvmycar
So what you are saying is that if he changed the customs tunes settings before loading the tune... it does not SAVE onto the tuner... it just sends the changed settings of the tune straight to the car... but the custom tune by brenspeed goes back to THIER settings.?

I was worried I was going to have to call Brenspeed later on and get a NEW 91 octane tune for the tuner since he messed with it.
But that is not the case correct?
That's correct. You can't change the tunes themselves using the hand held tuner. You can only make adjustments which get loaded in WITH the tune. The tune itself can only be adjusted by Brenspeed. Just load the tune by itself and select cancel when asked "keep previous options" or "enter custom options" and the tune will be reloaded as it came from Brenspeed. Again you can't mess the tune file up itself so there's nothing to worry about.

Tim
Old 03-28-2010, 07:22 PM
blksunshine

The first thing you need to do is whip your brothers ***!
Old 03-28-2010, 09:10 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Originally Posted by tdbrown75
That's correct. You can't change the tunes themselves using the hand held tuner. You can only make adjustments which get loaded in WITH the tune. The tune itself can only be adjusted by Brenspeed. Just load the tune by itself and select cancel when asked "keep previous options" or "enter custom options" and the tune will be reloaded as it came from Brenspeed. Again you can't mess the tune file up itself so there's nothing to worry about.

Tim
Great. Thanks!