Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I FINAALY UNDERSTAND

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 12:47 AM
blackhorse05
I ♥ Acer

Default I FINAALY UNDERSTAND

so im on my second 05, the first was a v6. i would get upset when all you gt owners would talk trash s=and say why did you not just buy the gt and all that. well know i own the gt and i understand. i was over in the v6 section readidng abouuut them putting the gt bumpers and fenders and side skirts and all of that stuff and the natural thing that came to mind was why not just by the gt . after all is said and done, the money they will spend will add up to more than the cost of a new gt and they still will be slow.i have learned and i know its easier for me to say now but be proud of what you have andd if your goint to change the way the car looks at least make it look original and not like the daddy model, whats the point. you guys where always right. im soory for ever getting mad at the people that told me this stuff when i owned the v6
Old 08-01-2005, 12:50 AM
doc0075579
1st Gear Member

Default RE: I FINAALY UNDERSTAND

Oh My God, he has crossed to the dark side...... haha. No really, how much did you get out of your trade on the V6?
Old 08-01-2005, 12:57 AM
blackhorse05
I ♥ Acer

ha doc how you been man, its been a long long time. well i owed 22k for mine. bought it in november, put 13,500k miles on it. i gave them all they body work and mods did not take anthing, they gave me 23k for it, hell yea baby and i had to put now down payment, did anyway. got fully upraded 5 speed yellow gt 2005, 50 bucks more a month and 2 dollars more a month on insurance and now here i am. trying to learn how to race the darn thing. if i could only figure out how to change mt sreen name
Old 08-01-2005, 10:51 AM
momustang
1st Gear Member

What I still don't get is why people try to pass their cars off as something they're not: for example, the efforts to redo an 05 GT to make it look like the upcoming GT500, or even the body kits being sold now to convert a 99-04 GT to look like an '05 ? Be proud of what you have, is what I think. Maybe I'm getting old.

~Mo
Old 08-01-2005, 10:58 AM
ChristopherCamel
2nd Gear Member

i dont try to pass my car off as anythign..mine is a v6 and i perfectly happy with it and i tell everyone that..why should i get a v8 if i am never going to race it and mine is a daily driver plus i save on insurance...i have no regrets about gettign a v6
Old 08-01-2005, 11:34 AM
ese

hey, all that is still not as bad as putting lambo doors on an SUV...
Old 08-01-2005, 12:32 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Ain't that the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and Yes I'm Old 44yearsold by the way.
ORIGINAL: momustang

What I still don't get is why people try to pass their cars off as something they're not: for example, the efforts to redo an 05 GT to make it look like the upcoming GT500, or even the body kits being sold now to convert a 99-04 GT to look like an '05 ? Be proud of what you have, is what I think. Maybe I'm getting old.

~Mo
Old 08-01-2005, 09:27 PM
blackhorse05
I ♥ Acer

do most of you check your insurance difference between gt and v6. dude im 24 and i kind of ended up in the woods with my 05 v6, it was bad,a metal pole was luckaly in the woods sticking out of the ground and it totally gutted the bottom of the car, insurance paid a hell of a lot. so i get it fixed and get rid of it 2 months later and buy a fully loaded 05 stadard gt, the v6 was auto. MY INSURANCE WENT UP 2 DOLLARS A MONTH, so im a little skepticxal on the insurance excuse, only because i used to use it when i had my v6. and the gas reason is gay. i moded the v6, duals and intake and tune. so my gt is stock right now, im getting better gas milage and still have 50% more hp.now that tells me thegt is worth it, even if you dont race, if you cant afford it say that, if you want the v6 say that. but all the reasons in the world that are not the truth just make you look worse. on the onlt better thing about the v6 and speaqking from experience is the u turn radius. but whatever, who needsu turn radius when when your stomping the crap out of most vehicles on the rode. the v6 can have it. and last but not least, strangy i miss my v6, not enough to buy another one but i have absolutely nothing against that car. i just dont uderstad why people come up with lame excuses, and try to be or look like something thier not
Old 08-01-2005, 10:28 PM
doc0075579
1st Gear Member

Wow, hot topic... I have no desire to make my V6 look like a V8, in fact I still have a single exhaust on mine due to the fact I am yet to see any dyno information that shows that the duel set-up will give me anymore HP, that is a lot of money to look like a V8. I put on headers and CAI/Xcal 2 not to be as fast as a GT, but to make my V6 faster. I purchased a V6 for the simple reason that in the area I am in the cheapest GT is 31,000, not including tax. I could not justify paying that much over MSRP. Plus, I am a newlywed.... trying to save for a house. My wife already knows that down the road a few years I am looking at getting a supercharger for the V6, NOT to be like a GT, but to make my V6 the baddest V6 on the block. She also knows that I will one day have a Cobra.....Until that day, I am happy with what I have.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:41 PM
SilverR1_04
2nd Gear Member

funny how the V6 owners are checking up on us in the V8 section......

Quick Reply: I FINAALY UNDERSTAND