Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

No longer a Mustang Gal

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 04:20 PM
Jujudoll

Default No longer a Mustang Gal

I'm sure that I am going to get a lot of flack for posting this but when you have had to deal with this over and over, I have to say that I am done. I have a 2005 GT 5 Speed that I bought in August of 2006. It had just over 11,000 miles on it. I of course had that problem with the fuel tank and the water leakage. After I got it back from it getting fixed for the fuel tank issue, I had noticed that when I was putting gas in the car that it was at 18 gallons. The car does not have an 18 gallon tank! I then noticed all of the gas rushing underneath the car. Turns out the stupid dealership forgot to put the O ring back in. 7 months ago my fuel gauge and temperature gauge quit working. Then my horn wouldn't quit going off so we took out the fuse. We replaced it and 1 month later it kept going off. Then I noticed everytime it rained that the passenger side seatbelt would get soaked, along with the floorboard. They claimed they had fixed the leak, but couldn't "guarantee" it would be fixed completely because I didn't have a Ford Factory windshield. (Friends head busted it, long story) It was NOT leaking from the windshield! Back in October I was driving and the "Fail Safe Engine Mode" light came on and my car died. I killed it and restarted it and it was fine. 2 days later it did it again, and would not restart. So we had it towed to the dealership. This is the list that I gave them.

1. Fail Safe Engine Mode.
2. Fuel Gauge not working.
3. Temperature Gauge not working.
4. Passenger Floor board gets wet when it rains.
5. Passenger seatbelt gets soaked when rains.
6. Horn keeps going off. Had to remove fuse.
7. Emergency brake sticks all the time.
8. Front turn signals don’t work. (driver side wires loose inside plug, passenger side doesn’t work.)

Well I was told that with our extended warranty that covered up to 75,000 miles, (the car had 72,344) that it should cover most if not all. The issue for 1. was the Throttle Body. 2. & 3. were the instrument cluster. 4. & 5. were some kind of stripping or something. 6 was something that I don't remember & 7 the ER Brake was just broke. 8. was the turn signals were just bad. All of this happened with a 6 month period. So then I get a call saying that with the inspection, the extended warranty would not cover the throttle body because it had severe water damage. Like "I had been driving through a flood," so they said. I had NEVER once driven through high water. Sure I drove in rain, who hasn't? Which they said that with labor for just the throttle body, it would cost almost $1,600. The total was almost $4,000. There is no way I had the money to pay for it. I was a young, impulsive, 21 year old at the time that through a fit for that car. I was paying $620 for the car payment alone, ,which I have quit paying. My credit is jacked up as it is so that doesn't matter to me. So we had them tow it back to the house and she is still sitting there. It depresses me to see her every day like that but I have no other choice. We are still waiting for the finance company to come pick her up. I assume they will. It's been since December & we haven't heard anything from anybody. I feel terrible, but this has put a really bad taste in my mouth for Mustangs. I just had to vent. Thanks for listening.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:40 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

I'm sorry so many things happened to you, but there are lemons in every make and model. That's one of the reasons I will not buy a first run new design. Sure there are still quirks with the later models, but for the most part they seem to fix the problems.
I only have 7700 miles on my '07 and I have had very little problems with it......knock on wood!
Old 04-07-2010, 04:56 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

$1600 for a throttle body? your kidding right? TB can be removed in about 15 minutes.....is the other stuff not covered? Where does $4000 come from? Doesnt sound like much of a warranty.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:06 PM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

I can't say I blame you. I hope you have better luck with your next ride.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:43 PM
rpietro
1st Gear Member

I'm sad to hear you had so many problems with your 'stang.. I have a 08 GT/CS convertible with 25,000 miles or so and never had an ounce of problems (hope I didn't jinx my luck with this statement). I've had many makes of cars in my days and as 07 'stang said, there are lemons in every makes and models. Hope you find it in your heart to come back to the Mustang world one day. Good luck with your new aquisition.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:56 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Like mentioned, any car can have a lemon. Sad to hear it has turned you away from the Mustang but I can understand your frustrations. Hopefully one day you'll come back.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:20 PM
JOHNNY
2nd Gear Member

Sound like the sbj box is getting wet make sure the drain in the wiper box is open and the box is sealed properly their is a tsb on this. water in that area will cause the car to all the thing that going on on your. Also a problem with the stepper motor in the inst. cluster. any speedo shop can fix them alot cheaper. If you had ford fix the box before it may be on them if they blame the window and they give it you in writing than it on the insurance company who had put in a defective windshield? You may want to look in to this a little more.Get a second opinion on t/b water issue the air intake on a mustang is pretty high. If your car was under water your insurance may cover the repair??
Old 04-07-2010, 09:52 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

This would be the perfect car for someone to take and completely strip and transform into a dedicated drag car.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:56 PM
bojanglesowner07252
2nd Gear Member

just dont become a ricer ; P
Old 04-08-2010, 08:57 AM
HypromanGT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mikes_BLK_GT
Doesnt sound like much of a warranty.
This is essentially why I did not get an extended warranty. If you read all the fine print, it will surprise you what ISN'T covered; it's not just a continuation of the 3yr/36k warranty.

To the OP, as others have said, I'm really sorry you've had so much trouble with the car. No one should have to deal with that many issues, and the fact that the dealership sounds like they are being really unreasonable and unhelpful is just ridiculous. I don't blame you a bit, and wish you luck with your next vehicle, whatever it may be.

Quick Reply: No longer a Mustang Gal