Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Whipple 05-07 High Output Owners...IN HERE

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 09:01 AM
liberty911
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Boostaddict
No pics of them installed yet. Buy one, install it and then post pics for us.
Will do!
Old 05-12-2010, 09:08 AM
AmericanSpeed
5th Gear Member

Liberty, this is pretty much a must have for us here in FL. Which color did you order? I'm about to go with black/black.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:11 AM
liberty911
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AmericanSpeed
Liberty, this is pretty much a must have for us here in FL. Which color did you order? I'm about to go with black/black.
I went with the black and red cap. I'm hoping this gets the iats down a little and should be a good addition to the AFCO HE with fans. At least I'll be able to use some ice at the track and not have to bother with relocating the battery and all the steps involved with that mod.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:47 PM
AmericanSpeed
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by liberty911
At least I'll be able to use some ice at the track and not have to bother with relocating the battery and all the steps involved with that mod.
Exactly my thoughts.

Originally Posted by liberty911
I'm hoping this gets the iats down a little and should be a good addition to the AFCO HE with fans.
I've been thinking about this as well, though I may just rig up a couple of fans like the guy did in that other thread. I'm sure the AFCO gives some more benefit as the heat exchanger is also upgraded.
Old 05-15-2010, 09:36 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Excuse my ignorance, because I really do not know how this works, but wouldn't ice in the intercooler cause flow problems?
Old 05-15-2010, 10:44 PM
loots06
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by moosestang
Excuse my ignorance, because I really do not know how this works, but wouldn't ice in the intercooler cause flow problems?

I was thinking the same thing?
Old 05-16-2010, 07:13 AM
GerRod
2nd Gear Member

This one won't.

Old 05-16-2010, 11:54 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Hey Moose....this is what I found from boost addicts webiste

All new from Lethal Performance is our own 03-04 Cobra Intercooler Coolant Reservoir. It's made for us by one of the industries best and looks, fits and performs great. The larger volume of fluid that this tank holds helps to keep intake air temperatures lower. At the track this tank really shows it's benefits as you can pack it with ice and water in between runs to chill the intercooler system which yields you faster times..

It's a direct replacement for your stock intercooler reservoir and holds plenty of fluid. It's got a fuel cell style cap and drain so it can easily be packed with ice. Unlike any other intercooler reservoir it mounts to the vehicle in 3 different places to ensure proper fitment. Offered in 3 different finishes. Bare Aluminum, Black Powdercoat and Polished/Chrome Powdercoat.

FEATURES:
-High Quality Aluminum Construction
-Tig Welded to provide strength and longevity
-Over 5 times larger than the stock reservoir tank
-Mounts in the stock location with no modification necessary
-Parker Fuel Cell Cap for packing Ice
-Petcock drain makes changing fluids easy
-Offered in Bare Aluminum, Black Powdercoat and our Exclusive Polished Powdercoat
Some people put 4-12 gallon cells in the trunk and pack it full of ice and the cell is divided ...so when the ice melts it can be drained and repacked with more ice keeping the reservoir cold and the fluid that is used for the exchanger....this is my understanding but I am sure there are other ways too....like putting bags of ice on the S/C and motor in between runs or using NOS on the intercooler before the run etc....
Old 05-19-2010, 10:27 AM
sadface
2nd Gear Member

moose im not a big sport bike fan but what kind of bike is that the lines are dare i say perfect very dramatic look
Old 05-20-2010, 12:18 AM
bigpappy33
1st Gear Member

So much stuff i want to buy from Lethal... add this to the list

Quick Reply: Whipple 05-07 High Output Owners...IN HERE