Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Where to buy and get a SC installed between Dallas and Lubbock Tx?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 02:12 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Question Where to buy and get a SC installed between Dallas and Lubbock Tx?

I am thinking about getting blown.

But I need a place close to install and close enough so that if any problems arise I can take it to them without a long drive.

I am in the Abilene area.

I wouldnt mind being able to buy the blower from the place either so that the warranty is a little bit more solid.

I am looking for a blower that will give me power but at the same time it will be my daily driver so I also want it to be safe for longterm use and not push the engine too far.

I'd like to get at least 420 Hp or so and I think that would be pretty safe if I am correct with these engines.

I also like the LOUD whine so I'd like an SC that would provide that.

I am not looking for a 7grand pricetag when all is set and done either.
I was actually thinking about going to a bank to get financing for this if possible for like a 4yr loan. (Is that possible?)

Looking for people to chime in on good places and advice on all of this.
Thanks!
Old 04-15-2010, 10:29 AM
zkiller
4th Gear Member

Knowing what I know now - I would buy a supercharger online and install it yourself. Spend two days doing the install and you would know the car much better and have saved a lot of money and made an accomplishment.
I would look at Whipples, KB, Edelbrock or ProCharger.
The ProCharger is centrifugal rather than a screw/roots type but you can put out really good power with any of these.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:14 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

^^agree 100% ^^
Old 04-15-2010, 12:07 PM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

Indeed. The manufacturers offer decent warranties. And the kits are relatively easy to install. Even if you want someone to install it, getting the kit yourself will save some good money, which you can then use to pay for installation if you have to.

If you already have a programmer (SCT or Diablo), consider getting a 'tuner kit' instead of a full kit. You'll have to buy fuel injectors separately, no big deal, but you also won't pay for the extra tuner device. Regardless, get a GOOD custom tune for the setup. The 'canned' tunes with the kits are OK, but you'll get the most out of your setup with a good custom tune.

Check out superchargersonline.com; they had the best prices when I bought a Vortech a couple years ago.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:58 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blacksmoke
I am thinking about getting blown.

But I need a place close to install and close enough so that if any problems arise I can take it to them without a long drive.

I am in the Abilene area.

I wouldnt mind being able to buy the blower from the place either so that the warranty is a little bit more solid.

I am looking for a blower that will give me power but at the same time it will be my daily driver so I also want it to be safe for longterm use and not push the engine too far.

I'd like to get at least 420 Hp or so and I think that would be pretty safe if I am correct with these engines.

I also like the LOUD whine so I'd like an SC that would provide that.

I am not looking for a 7grand pricetag when all is set and done either.
I was actually thinking about going to a bank to get financing for this if possible for like a 4yr loan. (Is that possible?)

Looking for people to chime in on good places and advice on all of this.
Thanks!
Teh roush kits will get you the 420 you want, you can get the full kit online for $4300. install quotes were $1200 to $600. Reed speed in garland is the place that quoted me the $1200, that included a dyno tune if you wanted it and already had a sct. if not it was an extra $380 for the tuner.don;t buy in Texas, the sales tax alone will add another $600 or so to your cost. Order online, take it and have it installed. Everyone is big on DIY here and it may be easy, but I want someone to go back to if things go amiss. If I mess it up no one to blame, if they mess it up they fix it. money well spent for me to have a pro do it.
Old 04-18-2010, 03:54 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

I am going to def have it installed.
I have no problem admitting this is something that would be over my head and something I would not want to mess up.
I have the SCT X3.
This is going to be something that will be done in about a year I believe.
I don't see it coming any faster than that.

I am still chompin at the bits in the mean time for power so I thought about going ahead and getting 4.10s then going back after the SC install.
But that would be a wasted 500 so Im not sure yet.

I would also like some ideas on other bolt on options I could do to squeeze out more power until the SC is installed.
I am going to have to keep in legal so no off-road headers are not an option.
Old 04-18-2010, 04:11 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Oh and one last question.

Which ones are going to give me the biggest "whine" noise? hahaha