Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

just got back from the dyno and im PISSED....

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 08:11 AM
RSKtakR
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by nite
did you check your plugs? i don't see a catch-can in your mods list... blow-by could be a factor.
i have HT0's that dont even have 1k miles on them... i bought them pre gapped for the nitrous, i just pulled one out and checked it, it was around .035ish gap.. and just because im curious.. how would blow by make the PCM want to pull timing? i have one of those inline air compressor filters (w/ out the little filter in it) on the drivers side in place of the stock hose that ran from intake manifold to the valve cover.. if you pm me your email address i can send you the pics of how it is currently setup.

Last edited by RSKtakR; 04-17-2010 at 08:48 AM.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:02 AM
RSKtakR
1st Gear Member

i also installed a BAP that is setup to run all the time, but it is turned all the way down.. i dont think that would be a problem either, but i thought i would just let everyone know just incase. ?
Old 04-17-2010, 09:15 AM
nite
3rd Gear Member

blow-by contamination reduces your octane level.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:02 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

To be fair, the engine doesn't really know when you're spinning the tires or not. It just has wheel speed to go on. Maybe the dyno clutch isn't fully engaging right away and when he floors it, your wheel speed increases quickly enough to simulate traction loss.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:08 PM
RSKtakR
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by siggyfreud
To be fair, the engine doesn't really know when you're spinning the tires or not. It just has wheel speed to go on. Maybe the dyno clutch isn't fully engaging right away and when he floors it, your wheel speed increases quickly enough to simulate traction loss.
but how would that pull timing if the trac control is turned off?
Old 04-17-2010, 04:01 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by RSKtakR
but how would that pull timing if the trac control is turned off?
It shouldn't. I just never saw anything in your original post confirming it was off.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:04 PM
RSKtakR
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by siggyfreud
It shouldn't. I just never saw anything in your original post confirming it was off.
i dont know if it was off for sure.. i will find out for sure Monday though... i would guess it was since this isnt the first s197 he has tuned.. but im just guessing, and i didnt think about it lastnight on the dyno.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:06 PM
candymanjl
4th Gear Member

as long as traction control is off that's not it. if traction control was on it would be comparing the front tire speed to the rear and if there's a difference it'll start to try and slow the rear wheel speed through the timing or whatever it's set up to do.

.035 gap sounds a little high but for NA it's probably fine. either way the gap would effect the AF ratio if anything, not the timing.

have you tried loading another tune and seeing if the timing gets pulled up top? the only thing I can think of is that there's something wrong in the tune and there's some option selected somewhere that's getting overlooked.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:08 PM
candymanjl
4th Gear Member

and when you say timing is pulled what was it going down to?
Old 04-17-2010, 04:14 PM
RSKtakR
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by candymanjl
as long as traction control is off that's not it. if traction control was on it would be comparing the front tire speed to the rear and if there's a difference it'll start to try and slow the rear wheel speed through the timing or whatever it's set up to do.

.035 gap sounds a little high but for NA it's probably fine. either way the gap would effect the AF ratio if anything, not the timing.

have you tried loading another tune and seeing if the timing gets pulled up top? the only thing I can think of is that there's something wrong in the tune and there's some option selected somewhere that's getting overlooked.
we tried two different tunes that he had wrote/changed around lastnight and they both did the samething.. pull timing from 4000-4800.. i believe you are right to as far as something being overlooked or unknown that either needs to be selected or needs to NOT be selected.. we just dont know what right now. i spoke to Chris at BBR this morning and he sent me a dyno tune of my original tune that he had writen before the car went to the dyno and he told me to try that tune on the dyno and see what happens, he also said that there is NO reason my car shouldnt be making 320-340whp w/ my mods before the nitrous. so going back to the dyno w/ his tune is my next step i guess.

Originally Posted by candymanjl
and when you say timing is pulled what was it going down to?
the timing would start out at 30 and then drop to 17-18 degrees when he would floor it. you could hear the difference in the car when he floored it when the timing started being pulled and you could hear when it went back upto 30 as well.

Quick Reply: just got back from the dyno and im PISSED....