Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Brenspeed package or BBR package?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 07:49 PM
2007Vert
1st Gear Member

I have a Brenspeed 93 octane tune and love it. The tune really woke the car up...
Old 04-22-2010, 07:38 PM
bigscott
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by black 05 gt
bigscott-- i live in Grandville.

I would take brads advice. I feel that there is nothing wrong with getting used. just make sure that it is unlocked and the owner will refund your money if it is not. I picked up my unlocked xcal2 for $100 shipped off craigslist. check the classified section there was a good deal on a jlt and tuner in there.
wow your like 10 mins from me. im gonna be moving back to ann arbor tho this weekend......

looks like all the mustangs are coming back out now seen like 3 driving to work on 96 this morning.

i actually have a locked xcal3 from my old v6. I could ship it out to SCT and have them unlock it then just purchase the intake.

im prolly gonna go with a BBR tune just to be different lol.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:52 PM
john z
2nd Gear Member

You'll be glad you did
Old 05-06-2010, 09:23 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

You're going to love the low end BBR tunes make. The Brenspeed tune below 3500 RPM is weak sauce unfortunately.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:40 PM
Torch Red GT
3rd Gear Member

Go with bbrs package, there customer service alone blows brenspeeds out the water. I ordered a tune from them last night and got a tune today for no extra charge. Brenspeed would charge an additional $50 to get a tune the next day.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:49 PM
bigscott
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by SirKnightTG
You're going to love the low end BBR tunes make. The Brenspeed tune below 3500 RPM is weak sauce unfortunately.
your car looks just like mine. wish i had your wheels tho. i cant afford new wheels....stockers are UGLY.

our cars are already weak under 3 grand so a little more low end pep would be nice for sure.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:25 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

With the BBR or AM Chris Rose Race tune the low end will surprise the hell out of you. You'll be amazed how much low end this engine is actually capable of. My low end doesn't feel weak any more at all. It'll be even better with gears!

BTW, my wheels are the stock 17" bullitts. I've been thinking of swapping them for chrome bullitts. I like the 17" size but it pretty much keeps me at 235 or 255 size (but at least I could rotate them). If I want bigger, say 285 staggered I'd have to go 18" which is not bad, but I want as small of a wheel as possible. I do like the deep dish of the 18s. I don't know what to choose, but I need to choose quick as my tires have very little tread left.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:33 PM
bigscott
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by SirKnightTG
With the BBR or AM Chris Rose Race tune the low end will surprise the hell out of you. You'll be amazed how much low end this engine is actually capable of. My low end doesn't feel weak any more at all. It'll be even better with gears!

BTW, my wheels are the stock 17" bullitts. I've been thinking of swapping them for chrome bullitts. I like the 17" size but it pretty much keeps me at 235 or 255 size (but at least I could rotate them). If I want bigger, say 285 staggered I'd have to go 18" which is not bad, but I want as small of a wheel as possible. I do like the deep dish of the 18s. I don't know what to choose, but I need to choose quick as my tires have very little tread left.
yeah the tires on my car are the originals from the factory. Their on their last legs as far as tread goes as well. Id LOVE some chrome bullits even in the stock 17's and width. Ill probably just replace the tires with the pirellis i actually like them a lot.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:49 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

I didn't like the Pirellis. It didn't take too many miles before they had poor dry and very poor wet traction. My Goodyear Eagle F1 All-Season blows them out of the water. They grab harder in dry, water is no problem and even with my 4/16 at best of tread left they still do better than the Pirellis ever did. The bad thing is they do not offer the wider sizes I'd like to get in this brand.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:17 AM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

I never heard of bbr, however, I'm sure there good.

I don't know much about the v6, but most likely there not like the 3v v8. I can tell u stock, my car did 13.32 best(1.9 60ft, perfect weather, track was sticky, perfect shifts) but on average in cold weather it did a 13.4 and as long as it wasn't to hot, 13.5

When I got my Bama tune and JLT, I ran low 13's all day and a best of 13.09, that's a .2 seconds improvement and I know myself and the car could have done better(12.9-13.00). The best stock trapts where 104ish and 103 on average, after the tune/JLT from bama, that went to average of high 106, to almost 108 a couple of times.

now that I got 4.10s, my car is slower...Still working on to see whats going on here

So I would look into all 3 tunes, for I do hear good things about brenspeed and I've heard good things about VMP.

Quick Reply: Brenspeed package or BBR package?