Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

new to upgrading mustang 2008 GT

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 10:23 AM
DanB2398

Default new to upgrading mustang 2008 GT

i am throwing around just trading in my 2008 gt vert. I really would like to have the 5.0, but was also considering doing some nice bolts on like cold air and ex. What do some of u reccomned to get and how hard would they be to put on myself Thanks
Old 05-09-2010, 11:47 AM
candymanjl
4th Gear Member

if you just want more power it's probably going to be cheaper to mod your GT than to get the new 5.0. but if you just want a new car I'm sure the 5.0 would be cool.

lots of guys notice a nice improvement from a CAI and tune, I just jumped straight to the kenne bell
Old 05-09-2010, 02:42 PM
joutcelt
2nd Gear Member

I would go with a cai+tune from brenspeed. Or set of new gears. One of those two would give u a noticeable difference in performance.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:22 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by joutcelt
I would go with a cai+tune from brenspeed. Or set of new gears. One of those two would give u a noticeable difference in performance.

+1 and if you have an auto trans that tune will feel that much better. Auto tranny is sluggish when stock IMO. After the install of the cai/tune my car felt like an entirely new vehicle. So much better.

patrick
Old 05-09-2010, 06:05 PM
DanB2398

mine is a manual the tune will still make a diffance right?
Old 05-09-2010, 06:46 PM
joutcelt
2nd Gear Member

yes but im not sure how much but i have heard guys say that the performance was better. Give brenspeed a call they will answer all ur questions
Old 05-09-2010, 07:33 PM
DanB2398

ok nice thanks for all the input guys. Would like to have a 5.0 but think it would cheaper and more fun to do some upgrades myself thanks i'll call brenspeed tomm
Old 05-09-2010, 07:37 PM
MustangRacing4.6ltr
Kenmore Fan

the new 5.0 would be nice but i truly like our body styles better plus just slap a few bolt ons and or slap on charger and youll have the same horsepower and more....as one guy mentioned earlier we have the torque advantage by adding our power
Old 05-09-2010, 10:20 PM
08droptop
2nd Gear Member

I recently added a Brenspeed tune and JLT 110mm CAI. I was told that the CAI's are all the same, even by Brenspeed. Everyone on the forum and at Brenspeed told me to get the one I liked the looks of. Once I installed it, I let them know that I was disappointed in the power I was expecting but not noticing. They told me that large CAI is not as good for low end power. It would have been nice if I had been told that prior to buying it, but whatever. It looks great, and it does make a power difference. Mine is a manual 5 speed also, and the power is better, but doesn't make a HUGE difference like I had been told it would. I may try some gears, since everyone says those make a big difference in feel instantly.
Old 05-09-2010, 10:45 PM
joutcelt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 08droptop
I recently added a Brenspeed tune and JLT 110mm CAI. I was told that the CAI's are all the same, even by Brenspeed. Everyone on the forum and at Brenspeed told me to get the one I liked the looks of. Once I installed it, I let them know that I was disappointed in the power I was expecting but not noticing. They told me that large CAI is not as good for low end power. It would have been nice if I had been told that prior to buying it, but whatever. It looks great, and it does make a power difference. Mine is a manual 5 speed also, and the power is better, but doesn't make a HUGE difference like I had been told it would. I may try some gears, since everyone says those make a big difference in feel instantly.

The big gains come for the auto b/c the shifting points are stiffer, better and really wakes the car up. Im planning on the new cams from brenspeed here in the next month and then adding long tube headers to my airraid intake. It has the 100mm mold that i can use when i have the headers installed

Quick Reply: new to upgrading mustang 2008 GT