Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

2011 mustang gt for a new driver?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 02:18 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

I woudl bet at 16 insurance woudl be $400 a month at least on that car. if you can afford that, or if mom and dad are covering it go for it. all i cna say is that at 16, i woudl have driven teh $hit out of it and got myself or someone else hurt. Just don't be stupid in it. there are a few 20 year old si hav esene post aroudn here that hav eben hit with more than $400 a month on ins with good driving records.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:10 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

At 22 I went to the dealership to buy an '03 Cobra. I had the money and a perfect driving record. After negotiating a price, I called my insurance company to get a quote. They wanted almost $500 a month. I ended up buying a new '06 GT instead and still payed $340 a month for insurance until I got married 6 months later.

I'd imagine that with 22 more HP than an '03 Cobra, the 2011 GT will cost a small fortune to insure.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:35 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

You can give it to me instead.

If you really want to drive, be smart about it. Insurance is insanely high for your age. You don't want to get any tickets, in trouble etc. It really depends on yourself, can you handle the temptation?
Old 05-26-2010, 02:38 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Scary HP for somebody with very limited driving experience. Good luck resisting the temptation to speed and impress your friends. .....itll be hard.

patrick
Old 05-26-2010, 03:46 AM
hawkeye18
3rd Gear Member

You're a teenager.

Teenagers have hormones. Lots of them

Hormones are damn near impossible to control.

All this means you are going to do stupid retarded stuff with a 400hp car. Stupid retarded teenager stuff, because you're a teenager. Is it your fault you're a teenager? Nope. Are you still gonna do stupid retarded stuff? Absolutely.

The most responsible thing you could possibly hope to do at this point is drive a 10-15 year old fixer-upper. Not only will this teach you the value of new and shiny stuff, but it will also teach you how to fix cars. You will be utterly amazed at how much money you will save yourself by working on your own car instead of dropping it off at a shop.

Something with a big back seat. Cos let me tell you kid, a big back seat will bring you more pleasure than 400hp ever could.
Old 05-26-2010, 03:57 AM
ytix
1st Gear Member

I understand the following unintelligible excercises in grammer/punctuation/misspelling...
Originally Posted by Xargon321
well it looks like you family is we off so what car you get it up to you. the 2011 gt are factory rated at 412hp that a lot for a new driver you may have drove your moms jag but that's YOUR MOMS jag, that's in the back of you head when you drive it so you not likely to drive too fast in it.
all we can say is please be considerate of other drivers out there and if you want to go fast please do it at the track not in a street race or something. We dont want to see a headline of another young person end his/hers or other lives because he/her was reckless at the wheel of a fast car or any car for that matter.
Originally Posted by ShaneM
I woudl bet at 16 insurance woudl be $400 a month at least on that car. if you can afford that, or if mom and dad are covering it go for it. all i cna say is that at 16, i woudl have driven teh $hit out of it and got myself or someone else hurt. Just don't be stupid in it. there are a few 20 year old si hav esene post aroudn here that hav eben hit with more than $400 a month on ins with good driving records.
...(I don't understand them at all) infinitely better than I would have understood
Originally Posted by VRFlip
Don't be stupid. Respect it, or die.
at sixteen.

Please join me in prayer. Lady Luck please bless this young man with your tender mercies and let your fickle heart not stray from him until he has passed from insanity to responsible manhood.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:05 AM
slidai
1st Gear Member

me thinks this is a fake post
Old 05-26-2010, 07:58 AM
VRFlip
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by hawkeye18
Something with a big back seat. Cos let me tell you kid, a big back seat will bring you more pleasure than 400hp ever could.

Hawkeye is wise. My second car was MUCH more fun than my first.

My first car:

My second:
Old 05-26-2010, 12:09 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by hawkeye18
You're a teenager.

Teenagers have hormones. Lots of them

Best post in the thread............big back seat = the need for a big box of condoms!!!! LOL

patrick
Old 05-26-2010, 12:32 PM
sadface
2nd Gear Member

yea im leaning toward a troll on this one but for fun

i can tell you off the bat you will be the biggest ticket magnet on the road your insurance will be stupid high and after the tickets because you will speed do not bullsh*t you will most likely end up with a a** worth of points on a virgin license

i say go for it and continue to post on what happens for the lulz

Quick Reply: 2011 mustang gt for a new driver?