Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Picked up my boosted Stang yesterday...

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 01:29 PM
REDBOSS1
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by distantsoldier
Where'd you get your install done?
Hub City Ford in Crestview Florida.
Old 06-06-2010, 01:32 PM
REDBOSS1
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
Congrats man... I'll be getting boosted once I return from my deployment.. Also I might have to (I hope not) get a smaller gear (355's or 373's).. we'll see... Congrats again bro, sweet looking stang..
The gears are all in taste I don't think having the 4.10's in would be bad I just like a taller gear. I'm am also in the military, so take care of yourself over there and get back to your ride in one piece. Going on a deployment is how I saved the money to even get this car.
Old 06-06-2010, 01:41 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2008GT/CSBuckeye
The gears are all in taste I don't think having the 4.10's in would be bad I just like a taller gear. I'm am also in the military, so take care of yourself over there and get back to your ride in one piece. Going on a deployment is how I saved the money to even get this car.

Yeah I know what you mean.. Deployments suck but while you're here you gotta reward yourself a little. 1st 6mths I added the bumper, hood, raptor shift light.. Last six months its the Vortech.. As far as the gears I'm going to see how I like them before i change or keep them. Like you said it's all in a persons taste..
Old 06-06-2010, 02:09 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Yeah I know what you mean.. Deployments suck but while you're here you gotta reward yourself a little. 1st 6mths I added the bumper, hood, raptor shift light.. Last six months its the Vortech.. As far as the gears I'm going to see how I like them before i change or keep them. Like you said it's all in a persons taste..
I have the ten version of that blower on my car and love it. I have the 3.73 gears from the factory and they are great with the blower. I plan on adding e cai to the blower once the warranty expires. That voides warranty on the drivetrain on the ten. I would have thought it would on the 09 down too.
Old 06-06-2010, 02:17 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
I have the ten version of that blower on my car and love it. I have the 3.73 gears from the factory and they are great with the blower. I plan on adding e cai to the blower once the warranty expires. That voides warranty on the drivetrain on the ten. I would have thought it would on the 09 down too.

Hey man what numbers are you putting down? As far as the gears I think I might be ok.. The Vortech is a centrifigual S/C, so it want make instant boost. I was thinking about doing a couple car shows maybe go to the track every blue moon, we'll see. BTW I love the car bro..
Old 06-06-2010, 03:21 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Hey man what numbers are you putting down? As far as the gears I think I might be ok.. The Vortech is a centrifigual S/C, so it want make instant boost. I was thinking about doing a couple car shows maybe go to the track every blue moon, we'll see. BTW I love the car bro..
Tks, I love it too. I didn't get it dynode the roush tune is very safe and they us eit on all 427r cars and dontdyno them. I figure about 380 or so whp which is where most of the 427r cars land. Once warrantyexires a cai for the blower along with a pulley and a tune go on looking fro 450 whp. Yeah stkjock has 4.10 with his vortex I believe good choice w that blower.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:21 PM
09cs
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
what i did not to void the warranty (kinda) was installed FRPP CAI so when I take it to get serviced by Ford and they see its a Ford part, they usually look the other way. So far no trouble when taking it in for servicing.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:48 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Congrats man.

looks like a great set up!
Old 06-06-2010, 09:26 PM
REDBOSS1
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
Congrats man.

looks like a great set up!
Thanks. A few of your threads were starting to scare the hell out of me but I'm glad I did it. I had a different vision of what it would feel like to drive a boosted car, I had no idea that it won't do it unless you want it to. You got yours slapped back on yet?
Old 06-06-2010, 09:33 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2008GT/CSBuckeye
Thanks. A few of your threads were starting to scare the hell out of me but I'm glad I did it. I had a different vision of what it would feel like to drive a boosted car, I had no idea that it won't do it unless you want it to. You got yours slapped back on yet?
lol no harm done unless you really push it to it's limits.. even with a "safe" tune, you can still blow the motor if you are not careful!

I had the blower on for a week.. just got back from the track a few hours ago actually.. ran a handful of high 12s with no traction launches.. best of 12.7@107mph

Quick Reply: Picked up my boosted Stang yesterday...