Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

dealership screwed me on work done, kinda

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 10:00 PM
usmcmp90
1st Gear Member

Default dealership screwed me on work done, kinda

well today i went to a local ford dealership to have my fog lamps replaced because both of them had a black plastic cage that surrounds the bulb broken off and just rolling around in there. so when i go to pick it up, i notice that they took out my JDM Yellow Luminics bulbs and replaced them with OEM bulbs. Needless to say i was kidna pissed, cuz obiously theres a reason y i had them in there instead of OEM bulbs and its not going out of their way to just plug those in. Also, they didn't even give them back to me. luckily i noticed before i left the lot and went back and asked about them and they gave them back. so now i have to pop off the grill again which is a bitch with those little clips u need a screwdriver for.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:13 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

the bulbs might have been the reason why you lost the cages to begin with. probably why the dealer put OEM back in
Old 06-16-2010, 03:08 AM
Torch Red GT
3rd Gear Member

at least you got two free bulbs
Old 06-16-2010, 06:10 AM
slidai
1st Gear Member

Well first, yellow lights there would look gay as hell. They were probably looking to save you from people laughing at you. But second, if i was there, i would have made them put them back in. Screw doing it yourself.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:53 AM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

I had a set of Luminics that caused my fog light "cages" to come off. After I got my fog lights replaced, I switched to a Retrosolutions HID kit. No problems now and the HIDs are 10x brighter!
Old 06-16-2010, 08:47 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

I would of rejected the work, ask why stock bulbs were placed in and have them put in the bulbs that were originally in there. You paid them to do the work, why are you putting them back in yourself?
Old 06-16-2010, 10:39 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by slidai
Well first, yellow lights there would look gay as hell. They were probably looking to save you from people laughing at you. But second, if i was there, i would have made them put them back in. Screw doing it yourself.
Now there's an uneducated, ******** response.

I've driven in all kinds of dark, inclement weather and the ONLY bulbs that have offered any help have been in the 2500K - 3000K range. Yeah, yellow. The only gay people are those that follow close behind me in those conditions because they're to frickin' dumb to know what works so they can drive safely.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:57 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

The Luminatics were heat produces that
softened up the adhesive holding the bulb guards on.
Did they warranty the work or did they charge you?
If it was warranty, they put the OEM bulbs back in
so it would not happen again.
If it was paid by you in full, shame on them...
Old 06-16-2010, 11:01 AM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Torch Red GT
at least you got two free bulbs
Knowing how the dealerships are, I doubt it
Old 06-16-2010, 05:50 PM
usmcmp90
1st Gear Member

yea it was all done under warranty so i guess taht would explain y they put the oem bulbs in. i'm not really mad about just annoyed cuz it's a bitch messing with those little clips. and yea these yellow bulbs are really great, not only do i love how they look and so has every1 i've ran into with the exception of one person but they also light up the road much better especially in incliment weather

Quick Reply: dealership screwed me on work done, kinda