Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Turbo/Supercharger gurus come on in!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 02:34 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
Unless you're broke and on a budget-

Then the Roots blowers are perfect!

lol

jk

lol, blower snobs. i codl have bought any blower i wanted, choose the roush m90 for a lot of reasons, all oif which i have talekd at ad nasuem so I'll skip it again. if you want safe power withotu getting int othe block, the M90 is the blower to get.
Old 06-20-2010, 03:01 PM
BruceH
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
lol, blower snobs. i codl have bought any blower i wanted, choose the roush m90 for a lot of reasons, all oif which i have talekd at ad nasuem so I'll skip it again. if you want safe power withotu getting int othe block, the M90 is the blower to get.
Not snobs, you may see it that way but it's not what's going on. Twin screws produce the least amount of heat. What are your iat temps after the blower during regular traffic, highway, and under wot?

I can tell you what mine are. It depends on the ambient temp some but in thick traffic I'll see 120, on the highway about 90-100 in the summer, and about 120-130 during a wot pull including at the track. All of those are at over 13 psi. A roots won't come close to those low temps. No snobbery involved. Just knowledge about differerent superchargers and what the OP is looking for.
Old 06-20-2010, 03:02 PM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

i guess if you have the money which is the better setup, and if A IS THE ANSWER ......does it support 5 spd as well, cause B, say MANUAL....

A: http://www.americanmuscle.com/roush-...arger-kit.html

or

B: http://www.americanmuscle.com/roush-...ercharger.html
Old 06-20-2010, 03:15 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

umm.. yeah.. I was referring to myself "being broke and on a budget"

My new motor and bills for school next semester is cleaning out my wallet.. and then some!
Old 06-20-2010, 03:21 PM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

are you in alaska or cali., trade in one blower for a snow blower.
Old 06-20-2010, 03:27 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GTJT2010
are you in alaska or cali., trade in one blower for a snow blower.
rofl.. alaska..

I have a snow blower. It consists of a long handle and a shovel on the other lol
Old 06-20-2010, 03:28 PM
REDBOSS1
3rd Gear Member

I'm with you. I was all about the e-force but the guy I had do my install had not done one before and had done 50+ M90 installs so I felt safe going with that. Even though the Roush tune is not very low end aggressive it still packs plenty of punch that is safe, key word being "safe" which is what I wanted.
Old 06-20-2010, 03:31 PM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

so on my question what is the better setup i asked above, and if you are....happy fathers day
Old 06-20-2010, 03:36 PM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

3rd line of my dads will ,.....to my son i leave my ahrens snowblower,he's in MN, me north carolina near coast lol
Old 06-20-2010, 03:38 PM
REDBOSS1
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by GTJT2010
so on my question what is the better setup i asked above, and if you are....happy fathers day
The e-force from what I can tell is probably the best bang for your buck, it's a sweet design and has real good low end power from what I've heard. If I was a gear head and could do this stuff myself that is probably what I would have went with meaning I personally think it is the best set up all though I have not driven one.

Quick Reply: Turbo/Supercharger gurus come on in!