Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Ford Racing GT500KR Axleback

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 05:56 PM
6-Speed
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Vaporhorse09
I shall be doing a before/video (maybe even throw in a no muffler video lol) and most likely a write up for the install....but now i have to wait until next week
Here's a link to a write-up that I prepared after installing them on my car. The manufacturer does not do a very good job packaging these mufflers to protect them in shipping; they should secure and protect them better ... after all they are fairly heavy cans. One of the pipes had poked through the box, but other than that nothing was damaged on mine.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...-mufflers.html

Last edited by 6-Speed; 07-16-2010 at 06:01 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 01:07 AM
Vaporhorse09
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 6-Speed
Here's a link to a write-up that I prepared after installing them on my car. The manufacturer does not do a very good job packaging these mufflers to protect them in shipping; they should secure and protect them better ... after all they are fairly heavy cans. One of the pipes had poked through the box, but other than that nothing was damaged on mine.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...-mufflers.html
that's pretty ironic, I had just bookmarked your write up to use with my install...that's a great write up you did....but yea besides my dented tip, half of one of the exhaust flanges was hanging out of the box....nice
Old 07-19-2010, 10:06 AM
NJ09GT
2nd Gear Member

Good luck with all this. I have the KR axleback's your speaking of, and I LOVE them. I bought them from Ford for $489?? around there, but I installed them myself. Its as easy as changing oil. My advice, don't tighten everything up until the end, when its all aligned. And also, the mufflers come - well, not dirty, but I guess the excess of the welding ect gets on the mufflers. I used Mothers Mag/Alum polish, and it made them look great.

I have vid's but it does NOT do the sound justice..., here's a few pics tho ..

EDIT: Here are the vids...if it helps. BTW, NO DRONE! And they
are louder then GTA's...

Here's stock...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJ9Di...layer_embedded

Here is KR axleback's..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycpbk...ayer_embedded#!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cYtL...layer_embedded

Last edited by NJ09GT; 07-19-2010 at 10:09 AM. Reason: VIDEO'S FTW!
Old 07-19-2010, 10:14 AM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Yeah, buyfordracing has the crappiest CS ever. They are also quite arrogant and un-friendly. How they're still in business baffles me.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:26 AM
Vaporhorse09
1st Gear Member

Thanks for that video NJ09GT, it sounds great, now im even more antsy to get it! I had a question about the gt500 spoiler, I just ordered mine and I was wondering how the fit with the Sirius antenna on the trunk is? Oh and good color btw....

and SirKnight you hit it right on the head about their CS, but i think they are still in business because they are the lowest price on the internet
Old 07-20-2010, 06:50 AM
NJ09GT
2nd Gear Member

No problem with the antenna, its a good few inches away from it....so no worries. I saw from your sig your car is tinted out, please do post pics....I am highly considering tinting my car out!

Also can you post or send me a few pics of the front of your car with smoked turn signals and rear sidemarkers, I was going to do this but never saw a vapor one with those mod's....I hate to bother you with it, but I'd appreciate it, would be the deciding factor!

Last edited by NJ09GT; 07-20-2010 at 06:54 AM.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:49 PM
Vaporhorse09
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by NJ09GT
No problem with the antenna, its a good few inches away from it....so no worries. I saw from your sig your car is tinted out, please do post pics....I am highly considering tinting my car out!

Also can you post or send me a few pics of the front of your car with smoked turn signals and rear sidemarkers, I was going to do this but never saw a vapor one with those mod's....I hate to bother you with it, but I'd appreciate it, would be the deciding factor!
That's good news........but yea no problem, I'm out of town right now but when I get back I will post pictures...it really changes the look and it's a very easy and relatively cheap mods, I love it
Old 08-05-2010, 02:14 AM
Vaporhorse09
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by NJ09GT

The last picture here was supposed to be for you to see the tint, its the best picture I have on hand of the side of the car, I think I have more so ill dig for them haha honestly it looks so much better with the tint....im going with the black accent look, im going to get black rims, black out the pony emblem and possibly get the blackout foglight covers....its just a look ive always liked
Old 08-06-2010, 04:17 PM
Vaporhorse09
1st Gear Member

Ok NJ09GT I found a side picture I took a while ago so you can see the tint. Here you go!

Old 10-27-2010, 05:20 PM
Ray Lucca

Thinking of the KR's myself for a 09 Shelby GT500. I have always used Steve at Tousley Ford for my FRPP Parts, great prices, customer service, and an 800 call away if you need help. I did notice Blue Oval Industries had good Del Pricing on FRPP parts also. Anyone have experience with them???

Quick Reply: Ford Racing GT500KR Axleback