Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

best supercharging options for stock manifold

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 07:46 AM
S197steve
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 09BlueDevil
thats what i figured. i don't mean to get snappy, that's just one of those things that gets to me is someone telling me I shouldn't do something when i've never tried it. but I appreciate the info from everyone.
Take a look at it from my perspective... you didn't even understand the difference between types of superchargers. That's fairly basic knowledge for someone with any technical car knowledge. So how could anyone here comfortably recommend you doing it yourself? I sure as heck couldn't...

Would you want someone here telling you that you can do something, only to find out that you're way in over your head and now you're screwed? This is a big task, and one that holds a fair amount of financial risk. If at some point in the install you made a mistake, you could wind up with a blown motor...

It's better that someone tell you that you probably shouldn't do it, than finding out the hard way that you definitely shouldn't have done it...

But hey, if you're that confident... then have it!!
Old 08-21-2010, 08:44 AM
09BlueDevil

Believe me I really do understand what youre saying and i can't say that I haven't told the same thing to other people lol. And it's more of the fact that i didn't bother doing any research on any of the things I asked, not that i dont understand it. I was just taking y'alls knowledge for granted and just trying to make it easier for myself. As for the car knowledge, I'm a mechanic for the Coast Guard so i understand how things work very well. Like I said, I just didnt do any research on it.
Old 08-21-2010, 09:12 AM
Starfire
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
Yes, very happy. I just need to put into account putting in a lot of cool down time after arriving at the track (at least an hour) and then 15-20 minutes between runs. It's not a big deal on the street because 99.9% of the time around town, I don't even get into boost so the IATs are pretty much how it was without the blower.

Winter time.. I am gonna pull the blower. I thought about selling the Vortech and getting a R2300 TVS but then I'd have to worry about wrecking my car because it'll be very hard to drive with all that low end torque on icy roads/18 inches of snow. If I ended up having to park it, then it wouldn't make a difference if I had the Vortech of the R2300. When I go built motor, I'll park it anyways (surely don't want to wreck that! lulz)

I highly recommend an intercooler with this kit if you plan on going to the drag strip. No question about it.
As a side note, I drive my car in the winter with the SC and have no problems, I do use snow tires also.
Old 08-21-2010, 03:31 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

[QUOTE=09BlueDevil;7163065]

Originally Posted by Starfire
As a side note, I drive my car in the winter with the SC and have no problems, I do use snow tires also.
Auto or manual?? How deep does the snow get over there?? I know East Coast is having more severe winters than us way up North..