Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Running a Vortech/Paxton Non-IC'ed.

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 10:47 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr Graystang
Please throw in some insight on why not Diablo ?? From what I read their are allot of people doing it until they can afford a IC with no problems with denotation.
That high of a compression ratio creates a ton of heat to begin with. Throw a supercharger into the mix and your car will constantly be pulling timing whenever it's the least bit hot outside and the engine is warm, especially at city speeds. It's inefficient and hard on the motor. Having said that, you are correct that there are plenty of guys who have run non-IC F/I with little to no issues. It all depends on how willing you are to stay out of the boost when conditions are not favorable for it. Good luck either way, I was just throwing out my 2 cents.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:47 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

lol staying out of boost isn't a problem.. seems like it NEVER goes into boost if I am just cruising around town. I could drive for a whole month and never go into boost
Old 07-30-2010, 02:56 AM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Diabolical!
That high of a compression ratio creates a ton of heat to begin with. Throw a supercharger into the mix and your car will constantly be pulling timing whenever it's the least bit hot outside and the engine is warm, especially at city speeds. It's inefficient and hard on the motor. Having said that, you are correct that there are plenty of guys who have run non-IC F/I with little to no issues. It all depends on how willing you are to stay out of the boost when conditions are not favorable for it. Good luck either way, I was just throwing out my 2 cents.
Good points man, but I say with a centri it will plenty easy to stay out of boost. If I was going a twin screw or roots style I would definitely add a ICer right away. lol nothing wrong with hearing your 2cents.

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
lol staying out of boost isn't a problem.. seems like it NEVER goes into boost if I am just cruising around town. I could drive for a whole month and never go into boost
aye.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:27 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Good points man, but I say with a centri it will plenty easy to stay out of boost. If I was going a twin screw or roots style I would definitely add a ICer right away. lol nothing wrong with hearing your 2cents.

aye.
lol I remember when I first got the blower, I thought.. is there something wrong?? Is there a boost leak? and floored it from 20 mph@1200 rpm..

yeah.. the boost is right where it's supposed to be

Kicked in like a freight train!
Old 07-30-2010, 06:55 PM
Formula
2nd Gear Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDuc_Uvfg0o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9sDo...eature=related

Heres how my car accelerates with the centri. I ended up adding an intercooler a month after I did the non-ic kit because you leave so much power on the table.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:53 PM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

Very sexy !! Where the pulls non Inter cooled ??
Old 07-31-2010, 12:32 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Formula
Heres how my car accelerates with the centri. I ended up adding an intercooler a month after I did the non-ic kit because you leave so much power on the table.
Great sounding exhaust
Old 07-31-2010, 07:16 AM
Formula
2nd Gear Member

Very sexy !! Where the pulls non Inter cooled ??
That was intercooled.

Here is non-intercooled on a 100 degree day, hot lapped 4 times:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6Xx2L4_LhQ

And here it is right after it was supercharged:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3IGd63ww9Y