Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Running a Vortech/Paxton Non-IC'ed.

Old 07-26-2010, 12:30 AM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

Default Running a Vortech/Paxton Non-IC'ed.

Who here is/was running one of the self contained units ? Im looking at the brenspeed kit which looks like a hell of deal. I might skip all the bolt ons and just buy one of these withhin a year, I would run it non Intercooled for a while or until I get the funds to get a Air - Air from superchargers online. So one major question is how is the heat soak considering I daily drive this in warm weather rain or shine ? What numbers will I say with virtually no major mods ? I used the search function but did not see nothing really clarifying my questions and interests. I would love to get a saleen/roush/e-force blower but they are pretty pricey.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:25 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Buy mine.

Heat soak isn't too bad but timing does get pulled. On a "bad day" 13.0@103mph is what I run. On a good day, 12.7/12.8s@109mph. If I had tires, it'll drop it down to 12.3s because of the 4.10s and other mods (JBA shorty headers, delete plates, cut outs).

Even when it's heat soaked, it'll still make more whp than a full bolt on car

When it's normal operating temps, it pulls like a raped ape. Gears help. Feels like a big turbo. That intercooler is going to bump up the power real nice...

450-500whp nice, depending on how much you want to play.

I love it to death, but have to sell it... check my thread "Vortech winter woes" for why..

sucks.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:23 PM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

How much are you selling it for ?? and if you have it in the spring I might. Thanks for the info tho, I will definitely add a IC down the road. As for winter driving that was a good thread but my mustang will never see snow.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:16 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Just my opinion, but I would never consider non-intercooled F/I on a 9.8:1 compression motor.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:49 PM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

Please throw in some insight on why not Diablo ?? From what I read their are allot of people doing it until they can afford a IC with no problems with denotation.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:02 PM
Pony123
2nd Gear Member

Im currently runnjing a Vortech v2 non intercolled its at the shop right now ran it for 2 day only so i cant really say.. I am also saving up for intercooler. 1200 seems a lil pricey
Old 07-29-2010, 03:08 PM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

how has been the two days you ran it ? 1200 bucks for a peace is mind is definitely worth it to me lol.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:17 PM
Pony123
2nd Gear Member

1200 for intercooler i meant

but FI DEF WORTH IT!!!
Old 07-29-2010, 05:54 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr Graystang
How much are you selling it for ?? and if you have it in the spring I might. Thanks for the info tho, I will definitely add a IC down the road. As for winter driving that was a good thread but my mustang will never see snow.
I'll PM you the price later on, though I might actually keep it until I am able to afford to upgrade to a TVS kit

I really like the power, it's "only" 380whp right now but it's more than enough for me lol

Lucky your ride will never see snow.. your modding options are pretty much limitless..
Old 07-29-2010, 06:40 PM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
I'll PM you the price later on, though I might actually keep it until I am able to afford to upgrade to a TVS kit

I really like the power, it's "only" 380whp right now but it's more than enough for me lol

Lucky your ride will never see snow.. your modding options are pretty much limitless..
cool cool, I drove one of my old 2v Gt's during winter once thinking it would not be too bad from previously DDing a 3.8 stang all year around.... I was wrong. I was sideways all the time, All season tires helped but it was just still a big pain in the poopar. So now I always store my GT and have a back up beater, Michigan weather sucks and plus the heat/v8 combo is a gas hog as well.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Running a Vortech/Paxton Non-IC'ed.