Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

s197 Supercharged Intercool Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 01:54 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

^^ Holy smokes! Great set up.. how well does it do with that 13psi??

HOw much power are you making to the wheels??

That's an awesome price..
Old 08-12-2010, 02:52 PM
turbo 2.8
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
^^ Holy smokes! Great set up.. how well does it do with that 13psi??

HOw much power are you making to the wheels??

That's an awesome price..
well @ 92 degrees when at wot air temp was 110 , a/f was 11.6 . just cruising the air temp was 135 that day
But we've had some hot days it was near 100 yesterday , just cruising air temp at 160 , but soon as I drop the hammer air temp drops to 125 , I also have meth as a back up , but never really needed it . eventually I 'll play around with timing and fuel +meth to see if anymore performance is to b found , and not sure how much power to the wheel s Im planning on going to the dyno when its a little cooler !!
Old 08-12-2010, 04:46 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by turbo 2.8
well @ 92 degrees when at wot air temp was 110 , a/f was 11.6 . just cruising the air temp was 135 that day
But we've had some hot days it was near 100 yesterday , just cruising air temp at 160 , but soon as I drop the hammer air temp drops to 125 , I also have meth as a back up , but never really needed it . eventually I 'll play around with timing and fuel +meth to see if anymore performance is to b found , and not sure how much power to the wheel s Im planning on going to the dyno when its a little cooler !!

noice

I am not sure how hot mine gets, but I can pretty much fry an egg on the valve covers it gets so hot after a few runs. 30 minutes cools it down, but after a few more runs it gets very hot again.

They should at the very least sell smaller intercoolers as an option with these kits, rather than sell them without lulz

Great bracket you made BTW for your intercooler. Is it a CXRacing intercooler??
Old 08-12-2010, 05:49 PM
turbo 2.8
3rd Gear Member

noice

I am not sure how hot mine gets, but I can pretty much fry an egg on the valve covers it gets so hot after a few runs. 30 minutes cools it down, but after a few more runs it gets very hot again.

They should at the very least sell smaller intercoolers as an option with these kits, rather than sell them without lulz

Great bracket you made BTW for your intercooler. Is it a CXRacing intercooler??
its a universal intercoooler called JDM , but it was in the same section as crx on e-bay
i had to get an intercooler as i went with a smaller pulley , gonna make a couple of changes soon though , first i'm getting rid of the vortech supplied intake tube , looks so damn restrictive . and i'll probably switch to 3" tubes . my reasons are because I have a 2.62 pulley and only making 13 psi , should b around 15 . I'll post pics when I get it fished up
Old 08-13-2010, 12:20 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Great numbers ^^

Definitely post pics up when you are done!
Old 08-13-2010, 12:53 AM
FrigidReflection
1st Gear Member

Nice write up im planning on doing the same thing... what bi pass valve are u using the stock one or did u replace it to a import style bov or what not
Old 08-13-2010, 02:27 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by turbo 2.8
its a universal intercoooler called JDM , but it was in the same section as crx on e-bay
i had to get an intercooler as i went with a smaller pulley , gonna make a couple of changes soon though , first i'm getting rid of the vortech supplied intake tube , looks so damn restrictive . and i'll probably switch to 3" tubes . my reasons are because I have a 2.62 pulley and only making 13 psi , should b around 15 . I'll post pics when I get it fished up
How did you figure to run the 2.62 pulley?? Are you built to run 15 psi or is the intercoolers causing a restriction so you have to compensate by upping the boost? Pretty stout 4.0 if it's stock internals
Old 08-13-2010, 06:56 AM
turbo 2.8
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by FrigidReflection
Nice write up im planning on doing the same thing... what bi pass valve are u using the stock one or did u replace it to a import style bov or what not
Im using the stock right now (bosh) , was told by tuner that car would run better with a blow through maf , but it runs so damn good now . I mean flawless ! so I figure it works for me , I did see some nicer by-pass valves that are built a little better to handle the extra boost , thats what I got my eye on right now
Old 08-13-2010, 07:07 AM
turbo 2.8
3rd Gear Member

How did you figure to run the 2.62 pulley?? Are you built to run 15 psi or is the intercoolers causing a restriction so you have to compensate by upping the boost? Pretty stout 4.0 if it's stock internals
well I knew I would lose some boost due to the tubes and intercooler , just didn't think it would 2 pounds , I 'm using the 2.62 to get the 13 psi , I 'd rather run the 2.85 pulley so I don't run the Vortech rpms so high , thats why I 'm gonna change intake tube and go to 3" pipe . I don't actually run it ***** open much , most the time I'm just cruising. I had two track days ( about 8 passes ) and maybe ran it to 6ooo few other times , but I 've had the Vortech since march and most the time its in by-pass mode !
Old 08-13-2010, 07:31 AM
Pony123
2nd Gear Member

very freakin nice

Quick Reply: s197 Supercharged Intercool Question