Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Anyone else run out of things to do

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 11:43 PM
FrigidReflection
1st Gear Member

Default Anyone else run out of things to do

So im at that point where ive practically ran out of things to do to my car. I know i want more power but im at that point to get more power i would have to build the engine and that is just expensive seeing that im at 428 hp at only 6psi of boost... but if i do id prob buiild a teksid block but other then that is any one else disapointed that they cant get more then 450 safely??
Old 08-11-2010, 12:40 AM
Whitehorse10
2nd Gear Member

First, nice looking Mustang. The biggest question I would have is that I would want to know if your Mustang is a daily driver or a straight up racer. You can get more hp out of it, that just all depends on how much money you want to spend. But the faster and more race car like you make your car the less fun it is to drive day to day. It's sort of a balancing act between daily driver and serious racer. At any rate, 428 hp is nothing to be ashamed of.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:51 AM
FrigidReflection
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Whitehorse10
First, nice looking Mustang. The biggest question I would have is that I would want to know if your Mustang is a daily driver or a straight up racer. You can get more hp out of it, that just all depends on how much money you want to spend. But the faster and more race car like you make your car the less fun it is to drive day to day. It's sort of a balancing act between daily driver and serious racer. At any rate, 428 hp is nothing to be ashamed of.
no i have a 06 subaru sti as my daily driver, yeah 428 is allot of power its just in this day and age id like to see above 500 with it, and yeah its already tons of fun on the track or at a auto cross event
Old 08-11-2010, 01:52 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Sweet looking ride

Build up the motor/tranny and boost that bad boy.

You're running 6 psi on an intercooled Paxton?? if so, why not up it to 8-9 psi??
Old 08-11-2010, 03:04 AM
Cal26Stang
5th Gear Member

I'd say build your motor if you can spare the money, or try a small safe shot of nitrous, or upgrade more suspension components...theres always more things you can do
Old 08-11-2010, 03:06 AM
Cal26Stang
5th Gear Member

plus i didn't see cams on your build sheet..thats kinda cool and reasonable
Old 08-11-2010, 03:16 AM
FrigidReflection
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
Sweet looking ride

Build up the motor/tranny and boost that bad boy.

You're running 6 psi on an intercooled Paxton?? if so, why not up it to 8-9 psi??
Yeah im not intercooled yet that is the top on my list right now along with a blow off valve 8-9 psi pulley and methanol, but my tranny is already built have the close ratio TKO 500 in it with the MMR upgrade in it sporting a ram dual disc clutch, fidanza lightweight flywheel, lightened 1 piece aluminum driveshaft, to 3.90 gears
Old 08-11-2010, 03:37 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

^^ nice trans build

You can DEFINITELY pull some nice numbers once you go intercooled. You might actually enjoy the upgrade in boost w/meth injection so much that a motor build won't be necessary until later down the line lol

Unless an extra 100whp isn't enough for you. It would definitely be enough to hold me off til a built motor that for sure lulz

How quick is that Supra in the background??
Old 08-11-2010, 04:03 AM
FrigidReflection
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
^^ nice trans build

You can DEFINITELY pull some nice numbers once you go intercooled. You might actually enjoy the upgrade in boost w/meth injection so much that a motor build won't be necessary until later down the line lol

Unless an extra 100whp isn't enough for you. It would definitely be enough to hold me off til a built motor that for sure lulz

How quick is that Supra in the background??
haha 375hp fast and automatic pplus it weighs umm over 500lbs more then mine so its fast but its not that fast
Old 08-11-2010, 04:16 AM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

not sure how you came to conclusion you are out of things to do.

by your posts alone, it seems you have a pretty good idea of where the car still has to go. I'd focus on the intercooler and the 8-9 psi of boost. then see where she is. If you are safely pulling 420+ RWHP non-intercooled @ 6psi, I can see 460-470's intercooled with good tunes @ 8-9 psi.

Quick Reply: Anyone else run out of things to do